hey! just checking in... been awhile...

iVillage Member
hey! just checking in... been awhile...
Fri, 05-20-2011 - 1:59pm

Hey everyone!

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-21-2011 - 9:06pm

Nice to have you drop by.

I think the whole 'muscle weighs more than fat' thing is pretty overrated - muscle is more dense than fat, so you can look smaller and still weigh a little bit more, but it isn't some big dramatic thing.

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-22-2011 - 2:55pm

Hi and I'm glad you gave us an update!

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-22-2011 - 11:47pm

Thanks... that's good to know!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-23-2011 - 12:00am
I completely agree about not keeping those big clothes! I just found a nice dress shirt that I've never worn.. really too big for me now. How sad! But how happy too..haha! Kind of mixed feelings. The other day I was wearing jeans and went walk in the park. I tried to jog, but my jeans kept falling. I was mad because I really wanted to jog. But then I thought about it... and realized it was a good thing!

I finally cleaned the house! After avoiding it...lol. Actually yesterday I went along with my cousin to a weight watchers walk. We went to support her brother-in-law. He's 500+ pounds. They all have special shirts, and he put "I walk because they said that I couldn't" on the back of his. He finished the whole 5k! I was so happy for him. He was the last to finish and on his last lap, some other members came walk with him to support him. When he got to the finish line the whole crowd was cheering him on and giving him high-fives. It really was a beautiful moment. He walked slow, so myself and two other people that were there supporting him kind of left him and over-lapped him. I didn't want to, but he was completely okay with it. So I walked/jogged a few laps and the last two I walked with him. I actually walked an extra one just to walk with him. Anyway, I enjoyed it very much, seeing him succeed. And I was very inspired by him, as well as how many older people were there, and people with all body shapes. This older lady had a limp, maybe arthritis, and she was still going strong! Even skinny people inspired me. Knowing that even skinny people have to work to achieve healthiness. Oh well I'm babbling. Just wanted to share my experience. I enjoyed it and plan on doing another one. There's a suicide prevention walk in October I am looking forward to..
Oh, after the 5k I had to come home and finally clean the house, LOL :)