Hi, can I join you?

iVillage Member
Hi, can I join you?
Thu, 09-15-2011 - 8:42pm

I'm trying to turn my life around for the better, a bit part of that being to get healthy again.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-23-2011 - 5:42pm

Hi I am new to this board as well. I am trying to lose weight and actually losing it. I find it very hard because I have CFS and can't exercise a lot or i hurt like I have the flu. My problem is I want to make a lifestyle change..not just lose a few pounds then gain it back. I am not young...42 but willing and strong minded. I don't take days off. This is really a change in lifestyle for me. I walk when I can sometimes I out music on and dance around and I have a floor cycle thing that sits under the computer desk to use when I am online. I don't know but it is working for me.

Good luck with your weight loss.

peace and love

at

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-20-2011 - 12:27pm

Welcome to the group! Congratz to you for starting up the best thing you could ever do for yourself!!! :)

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-17-2011 - 2:16pm

Hi!

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-15-2011 - 8:54pm
You are off to a great start. I think it is better to think of this as a lifetime of changes, not as something that will end when you reach your goal - just my opinion. I think it's good to plan activity for the weekend that remind you that you are making healthy choices.

Not knowing your economic circumstances, I am making a couple suggestions that may or may not work for you.

Is there somewhere convenientvfor you to takeva yoga or popster class on the weekend? You might feel like you are too heavy for something like that but they can both be modified for different fitness levels. Do you like to dance? A lot of gyms offer rumba or other dance conditioning classes - again, you don't have to be able to do everything - that's why they invented the back row.

Or maybe ask a friend to walk with you on a weekend - a shorter distance and slower but still movement.

Or if your cable has exercise tv on demand, there are some great 10 - 20 minute videos for all different exercises that you can do in your own home.

I find that if I include exercise in my day it reminds me of what I am working for.

Best wishes
Sj