Hi Everybody - I have been a member of this board before and just want to meet others like me!

iVillage Member
Hi Everybody - I have been a member of this board before and just want to meet others like me!
Thu, 01-20-2011 - 2:59pm

HI ya'll! I have been a member of this board before...I would like to make some friends and have some encouragement from people who are heavy like me and who face the challenges that it brings. My name is Jena and I will be 35 years old next month. I live about 45 minutes from Tampa, FL. I guess the biggest challenges I face are my health problems. I am Schizoaffective, Anxiety Disorder, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure and have Ankylosing Spondilytis (spelling?). For the past 3 years I have been telling myself and everyone else that I had gotten to my heaviest weight of 415 lbs on 1/1/11 that my psych meds were responsible. I really had it in my head that it was all the medications fault and well, it does have something to do with it, but it is mostly that my eating has been out of control.

iVillage Member
Welcome to the board Jena! My name is Misty and I'm also a Floridian, West Palm Beach here. Congrats on the weight loss! You'd be surprised how just changing a few things in your diet will help you to lose weight, even without exercise. If you haven't already, limit your soda intake (don't drink it at all if possible) and switch to water. You'll be surprised how much better you feel with that one change.

Unfortunately I have to head out to work but I wanted to say hi to you and welcome you. I hope you'll stick around because this is such a great place for support and I love these ladies.

Take care and keep up the awesome work!

Misty
iVillage Member

Hi Jenna, and welcome to our board!

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"