Hi Everyone - Newbie here.

iVillage Member
Hi Everyone - Newbie here.
Wed, 01-11-2012 - 7:57pm

Although I joined iVillage forums years ago I never really got involved. Now I've decided to take the plunge on this board and the walking board.

A bit of background - Im a 43 yr old married mother of a 23 yr old girl (whose getting married next summer) and an 8 yr old boy. I developed an autoimmune disease at 19 which resulted in total destruction of my thyroid. So on meds for life and managed to work myself up to 263 lbs...until I found a great!! Doctor last year. She has

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-11-2012 - 11:54pm
Welcome to the board. We are each following our own plans. But we support each other on this difficult journey! SJ
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 12:20am
Welcome to our little corner of iVillage. We try our hardest to support everyone through their own difficulties no matter how different or unique the situation. I'm trilled you found us and decided to start posting!! Best of luck, I have a feeling you are doing to do a great job in dropping the rest of that weight.
Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 12:24am

Hi Guppy (altho I suspect that is not your name - lol)

My name is Terri, and I, too, joined years ago and just found the link tonight in my "Favorites" List and decided to get reconnected with iVillage....sure has changed alot since I was on the boards in 2009.

Anyways, I wanted to reintroduce myself as well.

Are You up for the Challenge? JOIN ME!
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 4:48pm

Welcome to the board! :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 5:24pm

lol! Nope my parents didnt name me Guppy but it was a high school nickname that just stuck as a good forum ID.:smileyhappy:

I feel for you Terri with the 'muscular frame' thing.. I really do believe bone structure is an issue for some women. I have fairly small wrist/ankles but my grown daughter has always been 'thick'. Very hard to buy that girl bracelets and never found a pre made anklet. She is losing weight for her upcoming wedding so she has been handing down her clothes to me to work towards fitting into. But even now as I fit her sz 18 jeans and she can do a sz 14...her thighs are still bigger than mine! Im more actual fat (the 3 B's butt, belly and breasts!)