Hi... New Here

iVillage Member
Hi... New Here
Sun, 06-05-2011 - 8:48pm

Hi everyone.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-06-2011 - 11:09pm

Welcome to the board! I think different things motivate each of us - you might use your two children as motivation, or a desire for a third.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-08-2011 - 10:54pm

Hi, and welcome!!

Having two kids under two is busy busy. I don't have any kids of my own yet--I just nanny for 1 10 month old little boy, and I find he keeps me on my toes so much and makes it hard to keep regular meals eat what I need to when I need to. And I get to give him back at the end of the day! I can't imagine how hard it must be 24/7. But it's doable! It's not impossible.

I also work at a gym in a child center... It's $5 a month to include each child on your membership, which gives you up to 2 hours every day of free childcare while you workout. It starts for kids as young as 3 months old, and it's nice because if you aren't comfortable leaving your children, it's okay--you are in the gym, and the child center can find you if one of your boys is upset or if they are having trouble. And, we see it day after day, some kids at first have trouble coming in, and we work with them and their parents to help them become more used to it, and over time, they settle in quite a bit. Do you have anything like this near you? Lots of gyms offer it--I know YMCA and YWCA and Lifetime Fitness all offer it, and I know there are others too. It's definitely worth checkin into... Also, a lot of the moms at my gym go to the same classes and get to know each other and support each other as well, and it's really nice for them to have that community.

For me, I've tried this weight loss journey again and again, and I've found the only way that I've been able to do any of this is accountability, complete accountability. I had a great trainer who was giving me that, and with him, I lost 30 pounds, but he moved, and I'm going to start working with another one pretty soon here. I know a lot--I know how to do this. I just need someone to hold me to what I know, even when it feels hard or even impossible.

We're here for you!

new sig
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-10-2011 - 3:46pm

Hi and welcome!

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"