I don't want to complain or be negative

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
I don't want to complain or be negative
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 8:26pm

..but I cannot help it.  I have gained 50lbs in the last year.  I am 37 and I always weighed around 170 give or take 10 lbs.  I am only 4'11".  I had started working out religiously two years ago and got down to under 160, which is still considered obese for my size.  However I was getting fit and my cardiovascular endurance improved, I developed very good muscle tone from lifting weights and strong and flexible for my size from doing Yoga.  I did Vinyasa Yoga which is a difficult form of Yoga.  I got to the point where I could do every pose and follow the routine through completely.  Even when I started I could do it, just not very well.  I moved slowly or couldn't hold poses.

However now I've become so obese I cannot even do that.  I can feel my body in ways I could not before.  I can physically feel how big my thighs and stomach have gotten.  It's such a disgusting feeling, especially the way my thighs rub together.  

I get out of breath so easily.  I don't even know or think I could walk to the corner of my street and back without my shins (sp?) hurting and being very out of breath.  I know I have to start somewhere or nothing will change.  I guess I just feel defeated because I have such a task ahead of me.  It feels almost impossible.  It's discouraging to think how long it will take me to get into good enough shape to be where I was 2 years ago when I was still obese and unhealthy.

I've gone from obese to super obese and now instead of going from obese to a healthy weight (which seemed very attainable) I'm going from very very obese to obese to maybe a healthy weight.

Sighs... please help me to help myself.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 11:46am
I totally agree with Misty. You took a big step by coming here and asking for the emotional support. Guess what? You got it friend!! We are here for you ever step of the way. I'm really sorry you'e had a set back. I know how painful it is to gain weight after having a long period of success. That was the story of my lift the first six months of this year. Just in the last month I got back on the journey and I'm so thankful I did. You'll have that same pride once you get started. Please don't look at how long it will take you, just make really small goals to get started with.
I also noticed you didn't say anything about your eating plan. Most of this journey is our eating. Have you thought about how you will change your diet as you start back on a healthy journey?
I'm here for you. Please know we understand. Collectively, I think we've done and see it all! Don't give up, just keep trying every day and let us know how you are doing!!
Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!