I'm new and wanted to say hi.

iVillage Member
I'm new and wanted to say hi.
Sun, 08-14-2011 - 11:04am

Been lurking for a while now and I guess it's time to get involved. I've struggled with my weight my entire life and I never thought I'd get this big. I never thought it would be this hard to type but I weigh 297 pounds at 5'5". DH and DD can't fit their arms around my body just to hug me, I can't stand for long periods of time and everywhere I go, I'm the biggest girl in the room. Just admitting that makes me want to cry. I've tried weight watchers, slim fast, atkins and lots of supplements. My coworkers are trying to sell me on hcg but I don't have the spare 89 bucks to buy it. I know I need help and support and I think this is the best place to start.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-17-2011 - 7:44am

welcome to the group, I don't really have anymore to add that the girls haven't said but I wanted to say Hi and that I love this board, I have found so much support here, it's a hard journey but so worth

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-16-2011 - 6:03pm
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I"m starting off small by drinking more water and trading my usual mt dew for diet coke. I switched from cereal to old fashioned oatmeal this morning and bought more chicken than I usually do at the store today. I don't have a diet plan in mind. I think taking it one step at a time is good for me right now. I'm glad to be here. It helps reading everyone's ups and downs and knowing I'm not alone. so thank you!
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-16-2011 - 2:08pm

WELCOME to the group!! I'm really glad you jumped right in and posted! I know you are feeling so down about yourself. I was in the 280's when I started this process and I remember those low feelings all to well. The advice SJ and Liz gave you is spot on. The other thing I would add is when you start out don't make a big deal of it at first. It's so easy to overthink all this. Easy to talk yourself out of working out or walking. Easy to eat 'off plan' as I call it. Just get up and do it!

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 9:43pm
Welcome to the board.

Liz gave you great starting advice.

I think three things make a good starting plan

- drink 8 glasses of water every day. Replace soda, (diet or otherwise), juice, and sugary coffee drinks with water.
- walk 20 minutes a day - evev if you have to do it 5 minutes at a time
- journal your food. You don't have to eat differently in the beginning. Use the journal to learn about you- why you eat, when , where and what. After a week or so, you can use the information to start making changes a few at a time - maybe having a healthy breakfast and a piece of fruit for a snack

Best wishes
SJ
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-14-2011 - 6:04pm

Hi and welcome!

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"