Is it always this quiet here?

iVillage Member
Is it always this quiet here?
Fri, 10-14-2011 - 2:47am

Or do you usually have more action going on?

iVillage Member

Great idea Mary!

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member

I would also suggest a dance class! I took a Country and Western dance class for physical ed credit in college (yes I went to college in Texas! LOL!) and I love it! It was a great workout and lots of fun. It's also a good way to start moving and keep moving! If you can't think you can do it just get on youtube.com and search senior citizen's line dancing! LOL!

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Take one day, one step at a time. Get in a class. Hide out in the back row behind someone who looks like they know what they're doing. Know that you can walk off if you want to. That's your ace in the hole. An out if you need it. Then stick with it for two weeks and see.

Pin this on your mirror and repeat it every day: "Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. And doing it anyway."

Mary
iVillage Member

My daughter just started a dance class at the studio where her daughters take dance classes.

iVillage Member

Hi -

Exercise is something I do regularly, now. But it is SO hard, and SO many people have the same problem. If there is anything more boring than going to the gym every day and doing the same exercises, no one’s ever told me what it is.

But, imagine twirling across the dance floor with someone to a waltz, the wind brushing against your face as it twirls, your cheeks flushing pink, going faster and faster as you move around the room together, until it takes your breath away. It’s so much fun, and makes you feel so good that you don’t want it to end. Two, three hours you spend there, waltzing. Never a thought about the clock.

Get what I mean? Go ahead, find a social dancing class. The waltz is, in my experience, the fastest and most thrilling way to move across the dance floor. (Ask the instructor for the fast waltzes; use the slow waltzes sparingly.) Take a new friend or an old friend or a boyfriend or a sister or a brother or a mother or a father. Take your gym fees and pay for your dance classes. Just do it!

P.S.: A recent study showed that waltzing beat out the treadmill and cycling for improving your health. These improvements meant the dancers’ physical condition was becoming more youthful. Fancy that. (What do you want to bet they also lost more weight? Think DWTS.)
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-17-2011 - 10:46am

Sillysadie-

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-17-2011 - 2:06am

Well, that explains the quiet board!

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-16-2011 - 4:08pm

Yes, lately it has been pretty quiet here.

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"