January One Stop Chat Spot

iVillage Member
January One Stop Chat Spot
Mon, 01-02-2012 - 10:23pm

Here's your monthly chat hot spot. How's your day going? Post it all, big and small. We want to support you!! :)

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 9:16pm
It is very very cold here...it makes me want to curl up and eat... Watching The Biggest Loser... I need to pick up a little and take trash down again. I wish I knew where all the crap comes from... Hope everyone's having a warmer, less messy week! SJ
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 9:30pm

We're having almost record high temps here.

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 9:34pm
Get my room ready...I'm packing my shorts now! SJ
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 9:41pm

Anytime you think you can deal with this (crappolla) - come on down!

Really, I wish I was in a position to have guests.

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 10:39pm

Every time I sit down and watch the Biggest Loser, I think to myself, "I can do that." The problem is that when the show ends for the night, my mentality is no different. Call me mental but I see these people throwing up in their first workout and a part me WANTS to go through that. Their gym sponsor is now Planet Fitness, my old gym I was a member of until this past summer. It was such a slap in the face because at one point I was going almost every day. Sure, I was only doing 30 minutes a day but it was still more activity than I got from sitting in this computer chair. My first instinct was to go get my membership back.

But boy is that a ridiculous thought. When I first got my membership summer of 2010, I didn't have access to any other gym equipment and certainly couldn't afford to purchase my own. Now I live in a complex that has a gym with some very good equipment. Why should I pay for something I can get for free right here at home? I haven't gone over there once. My excuse? I have to call security to let me in because some rowdy idiots were going in there and damaging the equipment. It's probably the lamest excuse I've ever given. Big whoop if I have to call security. I take my phone with me anyway so it's not like it's much of an inconvenience.

This seasons theme for Biggest Loser is "No Excuses", and holy crud I can come up with a lot of them. I hope that maybe something in this season will get through to me and I'll just stop with the excuses for good.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-04-2012 - 12:53am
Made it to the gym today. First time in over three weeks. I was sick every day up until a couple days ago. Feel great now except for some foot pain. Anyways, I couldn't believe how packed my gym was! Its a family owned business. The owner was stressed to the MAX! Poor guy. I had to wait 10 minutes for the bike I wanted to use. First time I ever waited to use anything there. haha!
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-04-2012 - 1:01am

amethystmist98-

I watched the first half hour of the show tonight. I'm really getting back into it this year. Please head on over to the other site I try and lead

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-04-2012 - 11:32pm
My gym is busy too. If I had my ultimate life, I think I would like to live in a fancy hotel. Someone would come and make my bed every day, room service 24/7, and a great gym and indoor pool an elevator ride away..my idea of perfect. It was a brisk 9 degrees this morning..by the time I passed the thermometer on the way to work, the temperature had doubled to 18... hope no one else is becoming an icicle! SJ
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-05-2012 - 12:08am
We're in the middle of a cold front here right now. It was around 35 degrees last night, it's about 50ish right now I think. My body isn't used to the weather but I love cold weather. I usually end up getting sick because of that. Ah well, guess I'll have to suck it up because I can't afford any sick days right now.
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-05-2012 - 12:46am
No way could i walk in 9 degrees for more than 20 feet! You are a brave lady! LOL!

I missed my gym time tonight because I had friends over for dinner. Its nice to fill up my social cup, but bummed I missed the gym. Can you tell I'm trying to talk myself into a second membership?? LOL! I wonder if gym memberships are tax deductible.

Pages