January One Stop Chat Spot

iVillage Member
January One Stop Chat Spot
Mon, 01-02-2012 - 10:23pm

Here's your monthly chat hot spot. How's your day going? Post it all, big and small. We want to support you!! :)

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 7:48pm
My gym is down a flight of stairs, and when I started working out, I would need to pull myself up the stairs with the railing after eackph workout. But whenever my trainer asked if I hurt anywhere, I would smile and lie and say no. Finally he told me'if you don't hurt, I'm not doing my job'. There is definitely good pain and bad pain, and when you start to be happy because you hurt, you are definitely on the dark side:) SJ
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 10:19am
Just incase you were wondering. I'm feeling the BURN today since my Combat class yesterday. I'm hurting in muscles I didn't know I had in my arms! I'm also another pound down. Maybe I will join that class. haha!
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 11:00pm

Well everyone I think I've gone to the dark side. LOL!

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 8:58pm
It is cold here. The thermostat says 32 but it is windy and feels colder. We might get a little snow tonight, but then it is warming up so it won't last. I am loving this - Jan 31 and no snow on the ground. Even if we get slammed in February, it is starting to be light later and it hasn't been that awful slogging winter like last year. I am sure the ski areas and the plow drivers are hurting, but the rest of us are happy. Hope everyone has a great week! SJ
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 11:19am
Today is the start of my weekend and I had such big plans. Was going to take the dog for our walk/hobble, make some breakfast (I make great breakfast) go for a bike ride, then run errands, and maybe catch a movie with DH. Then I woke up to hard rain and cold temp. It's maybe 60 here this morning! Brrrr! Dog won't go out in the rain and I can't ride a bike in the rain, so not much is going to get done today. Maybe I'll go see the sea turtle rescue place instead, and hope it clears up this afternoon
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-28-2012 - 5:02pm
Regarding the Hot Yoga, I wouldn't call it "fun" but it's so addictive! LOL! I do not go to a fancy gym. A true Hot Yoga class is like normal yoga but the heat in the room is set 108 degrees. At my no frills gym the class is more like Warm Yoga. hehe! There are two big space heaters that are plugged in and running at high in the back of the room. Last week I accidentally put my mat almost in front of the heater. OMG I was sweating like crazy!

The thing i really love about my class is our teacher. She is very encouraging and uplifting when she talks to us. She tells us how strong we are, how we are all beautiful women and how we can do this. She always seems to say the right thing. :) At the end of all get a neck massage!
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-28-2012 - 12:47pm

It is going to be a hot one today, already almost 80, and nice and humid too. I also have to do the laundry and grocery shopping thing too, and really not looking forward to it. Despite the earlier attempt night before last, I am considering getting back on the bike, I suspect the only reason I hurt myself riding the shiny new one is because it was set for a guy about a foot taller than me, I am tired of not doing anything. I drove the race path last night, and HOLY MOLY that is a long way! In a car, going about 65, still took 45 mins! Going to take a lot of training to even attempt that one, but I have a little over 3 months to get ready for it. May put off getting the bike until March, train on the hard one so when I get the new one it will seem like a piece of cake. Plus my birthday is in March, so my hubby might just buy it for me :)

I have never tried the hot yoga, everybody seems to be talking about it. What is it? Is it fun?

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 11:03pm
Tmz - it is cold here today, and I just got home and put my heat up, so while I sm cuddled and huddled under a blanket, hot yoga sounds awesome. Lanai - having a goal to be in a race is a great motivator. And a new bike seems like such a magical Christmas morning rite of passage kind of present to yourself! I am torn between planning to spend the weekend parked on the couch or finding ways to get out and moving. my weekend staples - the gym, the grocery store, laundry, and getting my nails done...I also have some filing and I might have all my tax stuff so I can put that together - or not... Have a good weekend everyone! SJ
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 2:35pm
TGIF everyone! What's keeping you busy, active, and healthy this weekend?

I work on the weekends so this is the start of my work week. I'm so happy when Monday rolls around- unlike most of the world. :) I'm only doing this weekend work for the next couple years and then I can go back to a week day job.

I went to my hot yoga class today- Love This Class! If it weren't for this one class I might have changed gyms already!
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 10:58am

Wish I had read this one yesterday! My genius self decided to take my friend's new bike for a test drive. The ride itself was easy enough, definitely easier than walking, but the dismount was not particularly smooth. Hurt like heck actually. Probably not going to repeat that one for a few more weeks. However, I did develope new bike jealousy. His bike is awesome!

Pages