Joining In.

iVillage Member
Joining In.
Sun, 01-06-2013 - 7:38pm

my whole life I have been heavy. Ive started and stopped dieting plenty of times. A friend at work said she got a perscription diet pill that has been working, so I tried it. I started it about 2 1/2 weeks ago and within the first week I lost about 10 lbs. I dont know what its been since then I dont have a scale at the moment but it jump started everything. At 22 years old and 350+  ate all the time and all the wrong things. I eat less, work and excerize more, started walking, doing excersizes at home, getting healthier snacks. I am excited. My fantasy weight is like 150 but just to be in the 200s I will be thrilled. I cant wait to weigh again because im getting comments all the time that I look like I have lost weight. 

Im just jumping in. always looking for healthy Ideas 

Howis everyone coming along?

pillow.jpg love long distance image by karlifiles

iVillage Member
In reply to: tmz2009
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 12:05pm

I don't want to be a debbie downer because you are doing so many amazing things to improve your health, but please be very careful wtih your pills. Those pills are a form of speed so you want to stop taking them  if you ever feel like your heart is racing or if you feel like you blood pressure is high. Each time you go into a store or pharmacy use the automatic blood pressure checker to check it to make sure its not too high. I promis you can push past those food cravings without pills. Its the hardest thing I deal with everyday. I think the biggest thing that has helped me is using online groups to emotional support. Its crazy to think, but the kindness of strangers online have been one of the biggest emotional supports to me during this whole wieght loss journey!! :) 

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 10:04am

thank you both. 

The pills im taking are called Phentermine. They give me more energy and less hungry, I dont know if thy made me less attracted to food or something just clicked inside me but since taking them I can say no to bad food a million times easier. when before I would think about my next meal every time I ate. I feel good about it this time! Im hoing to continue taking the pills for now just for an extra kick. Hopefully ill continue with what im doing and stop taking them and continue to lose weight. 

pillow.jpg love long distance image by karlifiles

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 4:44pm
Welcome to the board..you are the perfect age to take control of your life!
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 1:35pm

Welcome! I'm so glad you found us! :) 

I know exactly what you are feeling. I was also overweight in my early twenties. You are doing the right thing by stopping it now. I kept going on that path until I was 28 and all it did was cause me to get larger each year! 

What type of pills are you taking? Are you still taking them? To be totally honest with you you don't need the pills. Eating a low calorie (lower fat and high fiber) diet with plenty of water and exercise WILL take the weight off- as you know!! :) 

Please check it with us as much as you can! I can't wait to hear how things are going!! :) 

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!