JULY CHAT thread

iVillage Member
JULY CHAT thread
Sun, 07-08-2012 - 1:14am

Hi Ladies! We like to have a thread to post your daily updates. It's can be anything from your weight, your goals, your ups and downs. Maybe you have something on your mind and want to share. Please feel free to start a thread at anytime or use this one for whatever you need it for. 

Is summer over yet?? This woman is HOT! haha! 

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 4:19pm
Not Portland, Poland..Krakow to be exact. I loved it..it is old, clean, safe, beautiful. I did some touristy things but there is more to do...looking forward to return visits. SJ
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 10:16pm
Were you able to enjoy Portland? I have a good friend that moved there and she seems to love it.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 9:43pm
I had a good month...I think I worked out every day that it was possible to work out...I traveled to Poland to work for a week and did what was expected of me. I made a commitment to a freind and did what I promised. I worked on my tan on sunny days...my weight is about the same as at the start of the Monty...which is not what I want but matches my eating....
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 1:16pm
Last day of JULY! WOOHOO!

What did you accomplish during the month of July that you can brag about? It can be WL related or anything else in your life!!

Last day of July and I dropped more poundage. #1 I joined a gym again #2 I lost 9 pounds #3 I went to the gym more than 5 times a week every week after joining the gym. I really like my new place!

YOUR TURN!!!!
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-29-2012 - 6:28pm
I agree that no one really wants to here anything negative about the person they are marrying (or are married to). I have never been in a wedding when I didn't believe in the couple's future, but I have certainly attended them...it is very hard to watch people make mistakes like this, and any issues before marriage only get worse after...the people who think someone will change might as well be named Cleopatra..the queen of denial...I always think of,y cousin who had a$25,000 wedding, followed two years and one child later by a $50,000 divorce..of course she has her child, but you could tell it was a disaster the same day you met him...
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 10:26pm
I think the root of the problem is that my friend and I have sort of drifted apart because she hasn't really been there for me this year when I've been going through a hard time. I think she'll been overwhelmed by all the demands of her husband to be. For example, she couldn't talk to me yesterday when I called her right back because she was doing his laundry. I think that is BS but I'm not in her shoes. I hate myself for judging her, but I can't seem to stop myself. Part of me doesn't even want to be in a wedding for a couple that has such problems. :smileysad: I really don't want to tell her all this because its not about "me" I've done this before... told a friend what a loser a guy was and it backfired. Never again.
iVillage Member
Re: JULY CHAT thread
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 12:27pm
Tmz - you know I am pretty tough...if someone asked me to be in their wedding and then made it stressful to me about how I looked...I would back out...that being said...when my brother got married, my sister in law asked me to be in the wedding...I had just ended a six year relationship because the guy couldn't commit to marriage, and the whole wedding process was very difficult for me. But I love my brother, and I knew it would hurt him if I said no, so I accepted. She worked in a bridal shop in another state, so we sent her our measurements and she ordered the dresses. I was truthful..at the time I weighed...wait for it...125 pounds. When the dress came, it wouldn't zip....I had been in two other weddings, and the dresses were beautiful and I loved them...even wore them more than once. This dress was not my style...to fit into it, I ate almost nothing and got down to 118 lbs. and I had to have the dress let out....and there was minimal fabric to do it with and the seamstress commented on how poorly made the dress was...I felt so badly about myself that I was too fat to wear that dress...eventually, we had a shower for the bride and I met the other bridesmaids...and they all had th same problem...when I look at the pictures from that day, I always think.'oh my good, I was so thin'. I remember that a guy I was dating took me out to eat the day after the wedding and I ordered a milkshake..he made some comment about staying thin and I told him it just wasn't worth it...so it isn't the 26 year old me who says walk away from people who give you crap about your weight..it is the older, wiser 56 year old...you are beautiful and loving no matter what you weigh...do this for you, not anyone else....SJ