The Little Things

iVillage Member
The Little Things
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 10:06pm
I was thinking of posting this today, and then I saw a post from tmz about adding movement into your daily life, and I knew I wanted to start this thread. For me, keeping this journey at the front of my mind is important. I like to do things throughout the day tht mitbonly burn a few calories, but help me remember what is important. Tmz mentioned parking from away from your destination...that is a good one. take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator. If you have bathrooms on two levels in your house, use the one on 'the ohe' floor. As soon as I get up in the morning, do a two minute stretch. First I touch my hands over my head ten times. Then, I hold hem out (so. Look like a t)' and touch my shoulder, then, still like. T I touch my hands to my chest, then extend them. Then I hold them curved in front of me and touch my fists together (uses back muscles). Then I reverse the sequence. Then I squeeze my butt 20 times. Then I pull in my abs and slowly raise my arms overhead and breathe deeply, then bring them back down, counting to 20. It reminds me that my goal today is to be fit. I also try to pull in my abs when I ride the elevator at work...what ate your little tricks?
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 10:20pm
I'll add some more as I think of them but one trick that I do is walk faster. No matter where I'm at or what I'm doing I try to walk about 25% faster than I normal. Even if I'm walking to the bathroom in my single story house I put a little pep in my step!

I work on my feet. When I have some down time I try and stretch my legs. I have foot problems and stretching does help my feet. It's always good to have some sort of sporting equipment at your house for workouts. I have little 5lb weights on my book shelf in my living room. Sometimes I'll grab them while watching TV and do some sets. It's all about trying little things when you have a busy life. :smileyhappy:
Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 11:21pm
Here's another one...I don't do this because I live in a one level house, but if you have two floors, and a bathroom on each floor, go up or downstairs to use the bathroom...if you drink enough water, this can give you a lot of exercise...
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 2:28pm

You all know I'm all about looking all over the internet for more info when it comes to wellness and fitness. There are some great resources on YouTube! Here are some little tips for losing weight that kind of goes with what we were talking with here. Enjoy!! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IySExdeROOI&list=PLF2055267D76002F7&index=11&feature=plpp_video

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!