Losing 1/2 lb a day?

Community Leader
Losing 1/2 lb a day?
Thu, 01-17-2013 - 1:24pm

I posted a couple of weeks ago, but I know how much trouble the boards have been. So I thought I would try again!

I am just past the half-way mark (54 lbs lost) to my goal weight, and from what I have read, it's supposed to get harder, take longer from now on. That was a depressing thought!

But this was a surprise!  For 4 days now, I have lost about 1/2 lb each day - another 0.4 lbs today! I wonder how long I can keep that up?

What am I doing different this week?
Starting to exercise by walking the dogs around the block, and a bit more each day - maybe 10-15 minutes walking?
Drinking up to 36 oz of water/day, along with my regular liquids - which was about 48 oz/day.
Added a vegetable to my mostly meat dinners - Savoury Braised Carrots and Beans or Mashed Cauliflower with Cream Cheese/Cheddar Cheese and Bacon

Perhaps I wasn't eating and drinking enough?

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-25-2013 - 7:14am

Probably, you launched some mechanism in your body which boost your metabolism. I think, it's not a problem, But if you afraid, better visit a dietologist or read articles on this site

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-23-2013 - 10:48am
I agree about the added water. Its amazing to see the power of added water. I didn't like water that much but now I really try to drink it and that's helped me a lot in losing more weight. Keep up all you are doing! I think the combo of changing it up is a big factor in your weight loss. Depending on your size I think its still easy to drop the weight at the -50lbs through -80 pounds. I'm around the -80 pound mark and it's still coming off when I stick to the plan. I'm around 200lbs right now and can still drop 2lbs per week. I'm 5'5" and still have 50+ pounds to go so I feel like my body is still ready and able to drop weight. Like you I'm a little concerned what my body will do when I get to the 170bls and 160bls mark.
Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-17-2013 - 3:58pm

It is certainly possible tht you weren't eating enough. could be that your healthier habits are helping your body give up water weight.  I always say that drinking more water leads to morexerciseduet to the extra bathroom visits...SJ