March Chat

iVillage Member
March Chat
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 10:57am

I hope no one minds me starting this. I know I don't get here much but it does seem to help to know that I have somewhere to share.

I have officially lost 5 lbs now. I know it isn't much and I was very disappointed but as my husband pointed out, if I do this every month I'll be 60 lbs lighter in a year.

iVillage Member
In reply to: tdalton810
Sun, 03-17-2013 - 9:31pm
Hi! Congrats on your 5lbs!!!!!!! That's great!! I'm so sorry I have not been on here in a while. I was out of town to Baltimore, then had a trip to SC. Right after that my inlaws came for a 1 week long visit and just left today. We are putting our house up for sale (by owner) and they were helping us get it ready... all while I was working double shifts. :( They just left today. My little one woke up today with the worst case of pink eye that I have EVER SEEN. Both of her eyes were totally matted shut with green discharge! I had to put her in the bath just to get it all washed off. I will get back online more this week. I miss all of you! pLease everyone let me know what's new with you!! :)
Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-18-2013 - 8:34pm
So glad tmz replied...I can never be the first to reply to a thread...I am answering tdalton's diet question here for tht reaon. I like a site like Fitday and calorirsperhour.com to see what is real. Like you think if you exercise for an hour, ou've probably burned thousands of calories, but then you realize it might be only 200-400 - which is so easy to eat. Or a bag of chips will say 280 calories per serving, and then you realize there are four servings in th bag...which I know I wil eat in one sitting...or that low fat cookies are high in sugar, so no calorie savings. In general, the less processed the food, the better. So fresh fruits and vegetables, plain broiled or baked meat, are your best choices. For drinking, water..black coffee or tea, but in moderation. Drinking your calories isn't great because you miss out on the fiber.
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-25-2013 - 12:41pm

I am hoping my new awareness of calories, etc. will have an affect on my weight. I know I am eating too much but I just don't care at the time. Does anyone else understand that?

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-13-2013 - 7:13pm

Hi all - hope you don't mind my jumping in here, but I finally hit the point where I really need and want to do something about getting healthier and  I have had some success - down 26 pounds since January. It has been a slow but steady process. I haven't really been exercising much, but have been tracking my calories on  MyFitnesPal. I record everything I eat (and any exercise I actually manage to get in) and it has been a big help. I still have over 100 pounds to go, but I haven't felt deprived at all, and eating better is starting to become more of a habit than a battle, so I think I have a chance to make this permanent!

They have a community on MFP too, but I am more at home on iVillage, so I decided to come looking for a support board here..... looks like board traffic is a little slow here - guessing that the techno-disaster last October has caused a loss in regular posters here, too. Frown Hoping there is still someone out there - maybe not, since I am posting in the March chat thread, and it is already halfway through April!

A little intro - I am 43, married for almost 20 years with two boys, one in 5th grade and one high school sophomore. I teach middle school choir and general music and direct an adult church choir. I live in the greater Seattle area.

Going to go peek at a couple other threads now.....