Marching through MARCH...30 days of posting!

Administrator
Marching through MARCH...30 days of posting!
Tue, 03-01-2011 - 9:42am

Woohoo-Welcome to March! You WILL be slimmer by the end of this month. That is our board goal-for each person to take off something. Post your daily do's and don'ts here as we plod on toward those weight loss goals.

Start by posting your month's goal and each day you can see how you've worked towards it.

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

Pages

Administrator
Tue, 03-08-2011 - 8:19am
I'm thankful I live on a hilltop too as flooding is a huge concern around my part of the country too. We are expecting even more rain starting today and all the rivers around are at or near flood stage.

Karla

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-08-2011 - 9:00pm
I always think once it gets to March it will be warm...but wrong wrong wrong - very cold today!

I went to the gym - 12 minute bike warmup, lifting for legs, ab circuit.

Good gym day!
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-09-2011 - 6:23am

For me it's not so much the cold(except for the buying wood and oil)

Administrator
Wed, 03-09-2011 - 8:12am
Tell me more about your ab circuit. I'd love to know what all you do.

Karla

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 1:05pm
I'm back! Being without internet really stinks! I've done very good on my diet the last couple of days and I'm definitely feeling the extra energy each day. I posted an update on the events of the past few days in another thread but I should be back to stay now that the internet is back on. How are all of you doing?
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 10:22pm

Karla - I do abs almost every day.

Administrator
Fri, 03-11-2011 - 9:02am
Wow-that is quite a circuit and I know exactly what machines you are talking about. I'm going to have to try that for a few weeks. How many times a week do you do that?

Karla

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-11-2011 - 10:06am
Wow SJ. I get tired just reading that circuit you do. And here I thought the basic circuit set up at my gym was rough. Whew! What a routine, way to go!
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-11-2011 - 1:22pm

My day is going ok, Did b/l workout 1&2 this morning DH did level 1 with me which was nice.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-11-2011 - 10:49pm
Karla - I do the ab circuit three times a week. I usually take a Pilates class about twice a month. On most other days I do 'floor abs'.. If I do them on days I run or swim, that's all I do. If I am only doing abs, I add in leg lifts - various versions and Pilates stuff - usually 2-3 times a week. I do take 'rest days' but not every week.

Tanya -I'm with you on the weekends - weekdays are easier for me because my job gives a lot ofstructure to the day and as long as I manage the witching hours of 8:00-midnight, it's not too bad. But once the weekend comes, I start thinking of entertaining things to do, many of which involve food. And if I am home, I find I wander to the kitchen and snack...I try to limit my meals out to one a day, or even better, one per weekend, but it is hard.

I went to the gym and ran today. It was finally a little warm here, but that made the gym tmeperature warm too. It was the toughest run so far. At four minutes I promised myself I could stop at ten, and at seven minutes I didn't think I;d make ten. I went to run one minute/walk one minute until the half way mark of 15 minutes, then took a break to get some water. I ran into DT at the water cooler and he noted how warm the gym was - I was relieved to learn that it wasn't me...which somehow inspired me to finish out the next 15 minutes. I ended up doing 2.24 miles in 15 minutes, and it took 33:50 minutes to get to 2.5. But I did it - I have to beleive that doing it on the hard nights makes it count even more...

Have great weekends everyone.

Pages