Marching through MARCH...30 days of posting!

Administrator
Marching through MARCH...30 days of posting!
Tue, 03-01-2011 - 9:42am

Woohoo-Welcome to March! You WILL be slimmer by the end of this month. That is our board goal-for each person to take off something. Post your daily do's and don'ts here as we plod on toward those weight loss goals.

Start by posting your month's goal and each day you can see how you've worked towards it.

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-12-2011 - 3:35pm

Hello and happy Saturday everyone!

Yes, Tanya, I think it does help to have a plan.

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-13-2011 - 9:35pm
Liz - To have 'flat abs' I need to lose at least 30 pounds - almost all my 'extra' weight is in my belly and hips. I think it is age related - that 'middle-aged' spread' thing. I've always heard that cardio is the secret to losing belly fat - as much as I work out, the cardio to other things ratio is low. But I keep plugging along.

I went to Zumba class yesterday - I like it better during the day. The room was lighter and less crowded, adn I was better able to follow the instructor - I realized that she does give some cues, so maybe if I go again at night< i'll pick it up better. But I could see myself being a pretty regular attendee at the Saturday Zumba class. Today I swam 60 laps - usually if I only swim I do 120 but I didn't want to give it that much time today - and rather than not go at all, I went for half as much.

Have a good week everyone!
Administrator
Mon, 03-14-2011 - 12:25pm

You know, I'm just curious, was anyone ever skinny? When, highschool?

Karla

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-14-2011 - 1:25pm

Not me, well maybe when I was eight and earlier and then not skinny average Which makes me nervous, about my daughter.(who is 8 now)

Administrator
Mon, 03-14-2011 - 1:47pm
Liz- the baby is improving. She is now 3lbs 13 oz and breathing on her own. She's eating and growing and while there are some serious health concerns she is moving and responding to things so that's a good sign. :) Thank you so much for asking.

Karla

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-14-2011 - 2:50pm

Wow, the time change this weekend kicked my a$$! I was afraid I would oversleep, so I didn't sleep at all! Which means I did zero extra activity today. I did journal my food intake, and I didn't go crazy despite being tired, but that's the biggest positive I can say about today. Hope others weathered the day better than I did!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-14-2011 - 9:50pm
Karla - I was once skinny. My weight was pretty 'normal' until my senior year in high school,then I gained about 40 pounds. My freshman year in college, I moved to the city, and didn't have much money, and the walking and the controlled eating caused the weight to fall off - I was as low as 108 - I remember because I boy I wanted to impress convined me to go with him to give blood - I faint very easlt, and I was terrifed, but love conquers a lot. I was incredibly relieved when they told us I didn't weigh enough to donate. I went up gradually - weighed 125 when I was 25, and got down to 118 in order to fit into the bridesmaid dress for my brother's wedding (I swear they were ordered too small!). I stayed right aroung 130 for the rest of my twenties, then turned 30 and my weight went to 142 (isn't it sad that I know my hsotry by weight?) I went up a little each year, and I know I weighed 178 when I was 38 - lost some and was done to around 155 for a while. Then I started to climb alot. In 1998-2002 between a lot of work and two family deaths, I lost track and control, and when I looked around 'bam - I was something north of 200 - once I weighed 200, I stpped weighing. Then something caused me to get a grip, and I joine dthe gym. After 12 weeks of working out, I bravely weighted, adn I was at 213. I estimate that I was somewhere between 225-235 at my highest. I've been fighting my way back down for eight years - I've been as low as 159 on this trip down, but didn't hold it - but I keep fighting.

Tanya - yes, a loss is a loss - goals are good, as long as you know that it's OK to miss them.

I went to the gym tonight (aren't you all surpirised?) - 15 minute bike warmup, lifting for chest/back, ab circuit, ran 1.19 miles in 15 minutes, 1.5 in 19:38.

I am so happy that it is light out when I am walking home...I love saving daylight!
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-15-2011 - 10:59am
Karla: I'm glad the baby is doing better. she's been in my prayers too.

SJ: You, in the gym? NO WAY! =) But I'm glad you got your swimming pool back. I know you missed it!

Two: The time change messed with me something awful too so I feel your pain. I'm still not used to the sun setting just shy of 8pm.

Today begins week 2 of the South Beach diet Phase 1. My goals for this week are to stick to it as well as I did in week one and to let my legs heal up so I can hopefully get back into the gym this weekend. My last treadmill workout was so awesome and I'm finding I really miss the feeling of working out. I think that last gym trip was a turning point for me. I always felt proud of myself after a workout but I never really enjoyed the workout until that day. I guess seeing improvement does that to you. =)

Have an awesome week everyone!
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-16-2011 - 1:27pm

Food is fine, workouts are ok, the last two days have been nicer so I have walked outdoors which was nice and it works my body differently too.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-16-2011 - 10:28pm
Workouts are fine...food not so much...

I did something last night I haven't donein a really long time. Over the weekend I bought a bag of those disgustingly delicious circus peanut like marshmallow Easter bunnies and chickes (not peeps, these are something equally pure sugar disgusting). I thought I could have one or two at a time, which would not be a bad treat. Last night< while watching the Biggest Loser no less, I ate the whole bag (minus the few I ate over the weekend). I knew it wasn't something I should do, it wasn't even something I wanted to do...but still I just kept eating them. I ended up feeling a little sick, which is probably a good thing. I know that this doesn't mean I am a failure and need to give up...and I know that there is a space in my life now, so I know why I did it. But it has been a long time since I binged so freely, and that makes me a little scared.

But at least I did go to the gym - yesterday 15 minute bike warmup, lifting for legs, today Pilates class.

And I was going to eat the whole bag eventually, just not planned to eat it in one sitting...so it is the way I ate that was the issue.

Today was better but still not great...

Pages