Marching through MARCH...30 days of posting!

Administrator
Marching through MARCH...30 days of posting!
Tue, 03-01-2011 - 9:42am

Woohoo-Welcome to March! You WILL be slimmer by the end of this month. That is our board goal-for each person to take off something. Post your daily do's and don'ts here as we plod on toward those weight loss goals.

Start by posting your month's goal and each day you can see how you've worked towards it.

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

Pages

Administrator
Thu, 03-17-2011 - 7:51am
Well I'm here and have been to the gym regularly, just haven't been posting about it. I tell you I have been glued to the TV since that earthquake in Japan. Anyone else watching it?

Karla

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-17-2011 - 1:47pm

Karla - not really watching it but reading the articles that pop up on my home page, so awful.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-17-2011 - 10:03pm
Karla - My company has an office in Tokyo, and even though I do not work with the people there often, I certainly talk to them, and do projects for their clients. The whole situation is so tragic - so many people's lives will never be the same. The comment that made me sob was one I read - A woman said 'They are telling us to stay in our home, and I cannot even find my home' Any problem I might think i have just vanishes in the face of this devastation. And that there are people brave enough to keep working to solve the nuclear problem is awe inspiring - and on a somewhat lighter note, I have to say, I am glad that George Bush isn't still president or we'd have to here him say 'nucular' multipe times a day...The Japanese are very proud people and I am sure that this is hurting the natonal pride of the people who are not being impacted. Can't imagine how people are coping.

Tanya - I weigh every day, and I definitely see that I am usually up on Monday, then usually drop all week and hit the lowest number on Friday. I think it is related to not just how much I eat but what I eat and some of the gain is fluid.

My eating has been better today - still very carb heavy but not bingelike. I went to the gym - 28 minute bike warmup, lifting for shoulders, bi's, tri's, then ab circuit. Tomorrow I am going to run on the road - I am very nervous about this - any new thing I do makes me nervous - but the weather is beautiful here- in the 60's today - and this is a good chance to test how this is and get a baseline of how far I can run in 30 minutes - I'm planning to run 15 minutes in one direction (walking when I need to), then turn around and however long it takes to get home, that's how long I'll run.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

SJ
Administrator
Fri, 03-18-2011 - 9:06am
SJ, I saw that comment too and it broke my heart. I can't imagine the horror and uncertainty those people are feeling. There is no immediate end in sight even right now.

Great job on the eating. Any little bit helps! :)

Karla

Administrator
Fri, 03-18-2011 - 9:08am
I've actually tried to stop watching it as I've become obsessed. lol It's not really funny but I need to get stuff done. I think about how I can just move on and those people can't and it is just mind boggling.

Karla

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-18-2011 - 7:33pm
Karla-I heard today we are startng o move people from our Tokyo office to office in nearby countries....good for us and for them, I hope.

I ran on the road today - I expected it to be dfferent, and it was. For one thing, the treadmill is flat(I don't do inclices yet) and altough I have walked this road hendred's of tmes, i never realized how up and down hilll it is - starting out up hill. I got further than I expected in 15 minutes, and it took me less than 15 (not a lot less) to get back, so maybe it was more uphill out and downhill back. I want to do abs later. I think I've had a good food day.
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-18-2011 - 9:46pm

Oh, I can totally relate to the candy binge. If it`s in the house, I can`t not eat it. I`m just not there yet. Forgive yourself, brush the sugar off your lips and move on. Tomorrow counts more than yesterday.

I used to get on the scale every day, and it was making me more upset and frustrated than anything. I`d be down, up, down, down, up, up- it was making my emotions follow the same pattern. I weigh in once a week now, always the same day and time. It is tempting to hop on the scale sometimes, but I just can`t take it, it makes me too crazy.

Take care!

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-19-2011 - 12:20pm
It's been a rough couple of days for me. I hit my first minor plateau but I kept on track and started seeing a drop again this morning. We got the news last night that DH is indeed the father. The hearing is still scheduled but we're going to find out Monday or Tuesday if he even needs to be there since paternity is already established. The next step will be them probing his finances and assets (which thankfully it's only my name on everything) to determine how much child support will come out of his paychecks. It's still going to be a stressful process but it's a relief to finally know the truth. The rest is just semantics as far as I'm concerned.

Still having some trouble with my leg but I made it into the gym both yesterday and today. My gym buds are planning to go tomorrow as well but I'll have to see how my body feels before I can join them. On the upside, we're taking Weds-Fri of next week off so it'll have time to heal AND we'll get some downtime to just relax.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-20-2011 - 5:36pm

Karla,

I was 5' 7" and 115 pounds in my early twenties.

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-20-2011 - 5:40pm

Karla,

I'm glad to hear the baby is improving.

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

Pages