Marching through MARCH...30 days of posting!

Administrator
Marching through MARCH...30 days of posting!
Tue, 03-01-2011 - 9:42am

Woohoo-Welcome to March! You WILL be slimmer by the end of this month. That is our board goal-for each person to take off something. Post your daily do's and don'ts here as we plod on toward those weight loss goals.

Start by posting your month's goal and each day you can see how you've worked towards it.

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-20-2011 - 6:10pm

Misty, I'm sorry the test turned out that way.

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-20-2011 - 6:59pm
Misty - That is hard news to deal with. I hope that your huge heart will find a way to love the child if in fact it comes into your life.

Liz - oh no, no purple convertible? But it sounds like the car outlasted the manufacturer's suggested life - hope the new car is fun and problem free...glad you could get one as I am hearing that car parts are tied up in Japan with everything going on there - which seems ironic because I thought that at least one good thing to come from this might be the US carmakers ability to deliver....

I walked to and from the market yesterday,which was about an hour. Today - nothing so far but maybe some abs ahead...

Have a good week everyone.
Community Leader
Tue, 03-22-2011 - 9:32am
Liz, at one time I was 5'10 and 105 lbs because of the exact same circumstances so I totally understand.

As the years have gone by though and the paychecks increased, so has my waistline. lol

Karla
Community Leader
WALKING
EXERCISE and HEALTHY LIVING

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-22-2011 - 9:14pm
When I had my first 'real' job, I didn't make enough money to go out to lunch - not even for fast food - so I brought yogurt and fruit every day. I hated bringing my lunch, and the hardest change I made on this journey was to bring my lunch to work - being able to go out to lunch and buy whatever I wanted meant way more to me than the act of eating. Giving that up was a big mental change...but has been worth it.

I went to the gym tonight - 12 minute bike warmup, lifting for legs, then ab circuit.

Good week so far!
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-23-2011 - 5:50am

This week is going pretty well on monday I ran 1 mile in 15:30 and the second in 17:00m I felt really good yesterday I did 35 mins of step aerobics 3 levels and am proud to say I get to raise my step as my target heatrate was right on the edge of going below, I am pretty sore today but off to get on the treadmill now and I plan to walk and loosen my muscles up. I bought some ff cottage cheese to put on my salads this week at lunch, it's a nice change I think I am done with soup for a while.

I miss eating out, but I can't really afford it and I almost never make good choices anyway so I think it's best, we went shopping about 2 hrs from home on saturday and I actually packed a lunch for dd and I and we had a "picnic" dd thought it was fun, it was cheap and much better for us.

Administrator
Wed, 03-23-2011 - 8:04am
Yay on those miles!! It seems like everyone is really doing well. I wonder if anyone has weighed and if they are close to this month's goal.

Karla

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-23-2011 - 11:14pm
Tanya - I always think its so interesting what kids really enjoy and how different that is than what adults think they want - it isn't the toys or the meals out - its just the time and attention that they crave...I'm glad your picnic was enjoyed.

I went to the gym today - only a minute bike ride as I was late getting there. Lifting for shoulders/bi's/tri's, then ab circuit. I was on the fence about running as I was time crunched, but I ran for 15 minutes - 1.15 miles, and walked it out to 1.21 in 16 minutes. I am off to Florida tomorrow -even though they are predicting snow here - hopefully not enough to stop the planes!

Have a good weekend everyone.

SJ
Administrator
Thu, 03-24-2011 - 7:51am
Have a good time in Florida. It was 80 degrees here yesterday and we are expecting 4 inches of snow in the next few days. ugg!

Karla

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-24-2011 - 10:42am
My monthly goal has been achieved with 1 week to spare. This morning I stepped on the scale and it read at 298.4!! I'm SO, so ecstatic about this and all I can say is it's about time! I hope everyone's having a wonderful week.
Community Leader
Thu, 03-24-2011 - 10:45am
Oh YAY!!! You did it..YOU DID IT!!!

Karla
Community Leader
WALKING
EXERCISE and HEALTHY LIVING

Pages