May Water Challenge - 31 days of drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day

iVillage Member
May Water Challenge - 31 days of drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day
Sun, 05-01-2011 - 4:05pm

Hi Ladies,

May is here and summer is on it's way.

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member

I'm so happy that we've decided to do this!

iVillage Member

That's a great way to do it!

iVillage Member

Take a gallon of water to work with you....that's what I used to do and I'm going to start doing that again tomorrow.

iVillage Member

That really is a very good idea - but... I take the bus to work and I can barely manage carrying around

iVillage Member
You just HAD to mention kidney stones, didn't ya? *cringe*

I got this one in the bag already. Every since my kidney stone I average 10 glasses of water or more daily. It's pretty much all I drink except my morning cup of coffee.

Liz- 2 suggestions for you. 1) Take a single bottle to work (16.9 oz = 2 glasses) and refill it throughout the day. 2) Or if you prefer, I just invested in the Brita individual water bottles and they make my life SO much easier! The bottle holds 20 oz of water (2.5 glasses) and each filter replaces 150 plastic bottles. Easier for you and better for the environment. Bonus! The plastic bottle might be easier for you though because you can stuff it in your purse. While the brita bottle has a little loop and a plastic cap, there's no shoulder strap or anything for easy carrying.
iVillage Member

I've never had a stone, but I know a few people who have, and I most certainly do NOT want to join that Club!

I've been thinking about getting a Britta at home.

iVillage Member
Liz~

I tend to do that too. What I've started doing is I'll just gulp down the last couple of oz. on the way to refilling it. I've stopped keeping track since I got my Brita bottle but an average day is around 120 oz (6 bottles full).

113 degrees??!? Yikes! I hope you take a sweat towel too. That's definitely a climate where you need to be drinking a LOT of water to keep yourself hydrated!

~Misty
iVillage Member

I have done well on my water intake this week.

iVillage Member
Ooo, in please. As long as I don't have to try to make up the 16 days I missed.
;-)
iVillage Member

LOL - no, you get a "pass" on the 16 days you missed.

I am finding it more of a challenge than I thought it would be.