My weight

iVillage Member
My weight
Thu, 10-28-2010 - 12:29pm

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this site and just wanted to introduce myself and fine out if anyone knew of any diet supplements that really work. I stepped on the scale today and the number that it registered was unbelievable. I need to jump start my weight loss and thought of using a diet supplement to do it. So any information you could give me would be helpful.

iVillage Member
In reply to: fitgirl44
Thu, 11-18-2010 - 12:37pm
Most people try to lose weight but dont know where to start. What most people dont know is its as easy as can be. Your three main focuses need to be appetite control, healthy energy, and pure nutrition. What will work for you so you can lose weight, a program that you wont get tired of or skip. When considering your personal health goals you may wish to maximize your results but how. I mean you can starve yourself but that doesnt help, not eating doesn't shed off unwanted weight. Burning energy is what makes the body able to shed off fat. SO see first you must understand your body before you just go out in say " I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT " byt understanding your body an things you can do is the only way to lose weight..
A product i use is called ZIJA!, I use the XM3 system that they created. XM3 can help you avoid the pitfalls of so many diet plans. Remember, the key to any weight loss strategy and fitness plan is staying with a sensible diet and sustainable exercise program. XM3 was formulated to help you reach your lifestyle goals. You have a Lack of energy and inadequate appetite control. Myself I lost 35pounds in a month with the product, its quite expensive but it helps alot and I find it better than the average diet plan because most of the time you stick to it for awhile and then you go back to your regular ways. Witht his system it does the work for you, not to say you dont need to exercise. But you dont have to exercise heavily you could just take a brisk 15-20min walk daily with a little stretching. I was introduced to this product by a colleague and since then i been using the product. Heck, I even market it.
But you can check it out yourself because I can tell you the world but thats not helping you. I'm not trying to premote a product or anything but I seen your question and just thought I would acknwoledge the product so you can experience my expereince.
Your friend Nasir Jones
email me at nasirjones83@yahoo.com for more info
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-18-2010 - 2:58am

First of all, welcome! It's been a bit slow around here with the holidays coming up, but these are wonderful ladies that ALWAYS have an encouraging word to share. However, most of the regular posters have learned time and again that "diets" don't stay. Changing up old habits and forming a healthy lifestyle does. With that said, here are my suggestions. Bear in mind that it also depends what you're looking for in a supplement, and as someone else already said, be sure to talk to your doctor about what's best for you. Also do the research on anything you choose to take, which is why I'll give you website addresses to go with my suggestions.

Alli - I suggest this one first because it's the one I currently use. It's not a supplement though. It's effectively extra credit for your weight loss. It's a fat blocker but it comes with side effects if you're not watching what you eat. The most well known one is oily diarrhea, which is enough to turn most people off. For me, the threat of those side effects is just an extra inspiration and reason to stay on track. http://www.myalli.com/About_alli/how_alli_helps.aspx

Metabolife - This is one I took years ago shortly after it hit the market. It's a standard appetite suppressant and energy/metabolism booster. They have since changed their ingredients some so i can't vouch for how well it works. http://www.metabolife.com/

Herbalife - This is one that I have heard a lot about but never tried myself. They offer anything from supplements to shakes and everything in between. Everyone I've spoken to that has tried it speaks very highly of it but it seems to be a little pricey. http://www.herbalife.com/global

Everyone chooses their own way to lose weight but just keep in mind that a pill is not a substitute for healthy eating and exercise. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you'll stick around to let us know how you're doing.

~Misty

Administrator
Tue, 11-16-2010 - 12:13pm

Hi! I took your question to our expert nutritionist, Dr. Madelyn Fernstrom, and this is her advice to you:

http://forums.ivillage.com/t5/Ask-Madelyn/Using-a-diet-supplement-for-weight-loss/m-p/116142915#U116142915

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-04-2010 - 5:32pm

The most important thing is consistency. Stay consistent with your exercise and diet plan and you will lose weight. I will also suggest finding ways to raise your metabolism

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-02-2010 - 1:40pm

If you are set on trying a diet aide, I recommend you speak to your Dr.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-31-2010 - 11:25am

I don't believe there is any magic pill or potion or easy exercise that will transform our bodies.

It is eating well, moving more and it takes time.

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-29-2010 - 2:13pm

Years ago I tried the "green tea extract" pill supplement and it does not work.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-28-2010 - 8:28pm

Welcome to the board!