November One Stop Chat Spot!

iVillage Member
November One Stop Chat Spot!
Wed, 11-02-2011 - 3:14pm

Fall is official here! Woohooo! I hope you don't mind me jumping in with a new thread for November. :) What's new with you today??

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-20-2011 - 11:30pm

I'm applying for a job tomorrow, please if you could send some positive thoughts my way... I would really appreciate it! I'm not 100% sure of the details, thus I don't know if it's a 100% good fit for my life right now. I'm open to new things and if it is a good fit I'm praying its a opening back into my "real career." I love my current job, but sometimes I feel silly that I have all this professional and educational experience just sitting in a box not being utilized. Anyways, thank you in advance!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-21-2011 - 8:57pm
Tmz - best wishes. I hope you are a good fit for the job, and it is a good fit for you! I do a lot of interviewing, and I like when people have questions for me that let me know that they know what they are looking for in a job. What would make a job perfect for you? Do you like feedback from a boss, or hands off unless you ask for help? Do you like to go to meetings, or do you prefer one on one discussions? Do you like to use the phone, email, face to face, written or verbal communication? Do you like to focus on one assignment or have lots of balls in the air? are you a team player or an individual contributor? Formal or casual? Good under pressure or good at making and staying on plan? Do you like to solve problems or avoid them? Once you have some of thesethings in your mind, you can think of open ended, non judgmental questions to ask to find out about the work environment. When someone is hiring, it is a risk on their side - they are evaluated on their selection and judgement, and they should want to find someone who not only has the skills but is a good fit. I know you will be a great employee - make sure they will be a good employer! SJ
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-21-2011 - 10:26pm

That is such valuable advice SJ! I copy and pasted that in a file to look over some more and make notes. :)

Pages