Sun, 10-02-2011 - 11:37am

Wow!

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-17-2011 - 7:55pm

Congratulations on your fun run!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-17-2011 - 10:00pm

I had a great walk this morning with my little girl! It was the perfect weather. I loved walking around seeing all the fall and Halloween decorations. There is one house down the street that really did a great job with the Halloween decorations. Turned the front yard into a grave yard! LOL!

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-23-2011 - 1:53pm

Sadie, my mom swears by glucosamine, but I've been taking it for a while now and not really noticing any benefit.

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-25-2011 - 2:46pm

Sorry I haven't been around as much. My little one has been really sick. She needs tubes for her ears and will get that done in a couple weeks. In the mean time her Speech therapist isn't doing a good enough job with her in my view. I had her reevaluated the same week we found out she needs tubes. I'm sick of these evaluations and options about my little girl. I think once she gets tubes and can hear all will start to resolve itself. And on a side note this is making my diet go down the tubes half the time.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-25-2011 - 10:39pm
Tmz
My cousin's oldest didn't talk and she had the hardest time getting someone to take her seriously - and believe me, she is fierce in protecting her kids...when he finally was diagnosed as having a hearing issue, he had tubes put in and it solved the hearing problem. I will never forget the day (he was three and a half) when he wanted her attention at a crowdedvfamily event and first said 'mommy'. She broke down and cried, and of course, scared him...but followed with big hugs...

I tell you this to encourage you to listen to your own instincts about your child and never give up fighting for the services she needs - there are always alternatives and better options, and I have every confidence that you will always know when you are on the right track with your child. It doesn't matter if everyone you come in contact with things you are an over protective, demanding, unreasonable b**ch...you will always make the right choice for your child...believe in yourself...and be good to yourself so you have the healthy strength to it for her...

(((hugs)))
SJ
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 12:11am

Thank you SJ! That story made me cry. My DD isn't saying Mommy or Momma when she needs me. I've heard her say it a couple times when I'm telling her how to say it. It is heart breaking. You are the 3-4th person that has told me a similar story about getting tubes and then speech was greatly improved. In fact the ENT doc said the same thing.She turns 2 yrs old next week... just to give you an idea what I'm working with.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 8:04pm
Tmz- did you ever see the movie 'The Miracle Worker'? It is the story of Helen Keller's teacher, Annie Sullivan. (I am NOT in any way suggesting that your situation is similar). But there is a place in the movie where Helen realizes that the signs represent things, and it all just clicks. Maybe you are there with your daughter. Maybe she is ready to learn to communicate...I will hold a good thought for you and your daughter.

All - it is snowing in Denver. I am no where near Denver but we might get snow tomorrow...I am moving in with Liz in Arizona until spring... We Will eat soup and I will drag her to the gym and make her love exercise - how's that for a plan?

Have a great day everyone
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 10:42pm
I love that plan! LOL! I'm bummed I didn't try and meet Liz while we lived in AZ briefly in 2009. :( We really liked it there! Of course we didn't go through the summer months in AZ. :)
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 11:08pm

HELP

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 11:45pm

Sorry to hear your little one isn't doing well.