One small victory at a time

iVillage Member
One small victory at a time
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 2:16pm

I feel like I'm winning small victories at each meal these days. I can't even say it's one day at at time, it's truly One Meal at a time for me! This journey is not only about learning how to eat normal portion sizes and getting in good quality exercise, but it's also about figuring out why I emotionally overeat. Training myself to NOT turn to food for all the extreme emotions has been the biggest battle for me. I feel like in the last month I was doing well in that area. Yesterday tested me Big Time!

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 9:30pm

TMZ,

(((HUGS)))

I am going to turn this around on you...aren't you fortunate that you are able to afford to takeyour little girl to the doctor's?

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-14-2011 - 2:28pm

I know exactly what you mean about having to take it, sometimes one minute at a time.

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

Community Leader
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 8:49am

Awwww, TM, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter but try not to panic too much. My daughter who is now 12 had severe developmental delays. She started therapy at around 6 months old and continued until she was 5 with various therapies. To see her now getting all sassy with me because I won't let her wear a pair of ultra torn jeans to ball practice - you would never know she ever had any issues. It's frustrating and inconvenient but in the long run the therapy will help your daughter out.

Oh and word of advice; Let whatever the therapists say go in one ear and out the other. They had my daughter diagnosed with every horrible thing you can think of. Just don't listen closely and stick to the Doctor's diagnosis. So often they are profits of doom and they have no real way of telling what your daughter's future is going to be like.

Hang in there and just take it one meal at at time like you are doing. You'll conquer this!

Karla
Community Leader
WALKING
EXERCISE and HEALTHY LIVING