One week down ... blah

iVillage Member
One week down ... blah
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 11:35am

Well, one week down  only lost 1/2 lb   went from 302.8 to 302.2  but I wasn't expecting to lose at all becuase got ZERO exercise.  I've been working 10+ hr days so by the time I get home, get the kids fed, put to bed, and the dishes done (and laundry too).. I just don't the energy..

.  I have to work 10+ hrs every day this week and next week, so I'm pretty sure I will not get any exercise in.  BUT I VOW to work harder at my food intake this upcoming week.

Sara  

342-300-200

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 12:30pm
Don't beat yourself up! You LOST weight and didn't gain. That's the important thing. Is there anything you can do at your job to be more active? Park farther away, take the stairs, walk for 10 minutes of your lunch break? Is there any time to take even a 15 minute walk after dinner before clean up time? You know how it goes, every little bit helps! For the most part I think you are in the right mindset. 90% of this journey is about the food!!
HUGS! Hang in there! I think you are doing really good!!
Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 10:28pm

I'm new to this area of ivillage boards, but need to be here...I chuckled when I read your 'signature line' of wanting to get to the weight I was when I thought I was fat. Amen sister! I feel the same!!! if I get there, I will NEVER complain again.

I think one thing that gets to me, is I feel that since I'm so much heavier than ever before, that small changes should result in big losses, especially at first. I remember dieting around 220 lbs and losing weight rapidly. I'm at 280 and have hypothyroidism and have given up so many times because of the little or nil loss...and I got bigger instead. And exercise? My back screams when I walk! because I'm fat...ugh, I just want to skip a meal, not eat late and see pounds leave. I'm not sure how much hypo keeps me back, but from what I've read, seems to affect the 20 lbs 'overweight' and is not the size I am. Wish I was 20lbs overweight.

Anyhow, tomorrow morning I'm starting again.I was asked if I'm pregnant today, after earlier in the week I was tying my shoes and realized it felt like I was pregnant..I'm out of breath, hate the way i look and fit in nothing.

So here I am everyone! I'd love to hear your stories. Probably should start a new thread for that? We'll see. It's late and it's my quiet time.

A

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 11:43am
Welcome A! I know that feeling of being 280 pounds. I'll never forget it. Looking back I know it felt like I was carrying another person around on my back all of the time. I hated myself and what I had done to my health. The one piece of advice I would give you is to stop beating yourself up! Sometimes at the start it is a useful tool to get motivated. I've often said "Time to bust the lard" but months and weeks into the journey you'll need some positive chatter in your head in order to keep going.

You are with this!
You can be healthy and smaller!
You will start this journey and not give up this time.
You are a good person and you deserve this, not tomorrow but RIGHT NOW.

You know where I'm going with this? I'm SO happy you are joining us now. You sound like a really fun person to have around here!! :smileyhappy:

Keep us posted!
Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!