Rave: My gym

iVillage Member
Rave: My gym
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 1:41pm

Some of you know that I am moving this summer closer to my family due to my husband's work. We are very excited about the move but I'm sad to be living some things behind here. My gym is one of those things! I really liked the gym I went to last year, but this place is very nice. It doesn't have all the fancy stuff. No pools or hot tubs. Just the basics and a friendly staff. My membership was up today and I was telling the owner I only needed to buy 4 more months before I'd be moving out of state. He actually gave me a hug and told me that he hoped my new gym in my new state has big shoes to fill. THEY DO! THis place is where I've learned to lift weights, dropped down to an all time low of 203 last year, worked with a great trainer, and have received more complements and support than anywhere other than THIS forum!! 

Today in fact one older man that I know at the gym came up to me and said several uplifting things for no reason at all, but to just be kind. Some of the things he said to me and I say to all of you:

You are strong 

You are having the time of your life.

Destruction is the only way to grow

You are getting stronger and better each week.

All of this is true. We are all strong. We are all growing as people from the inside out and that in of itself is what makes this the best time of our lives. The past is behind us. Growing to a better "us" is where all the fun is. Destroying those old habits is the only way to grow into the person we want to be. Destroying the old "me" is the best way to find the "real" me on the inside. Think about it, we all have it inside ourselves to beat this!!!! 

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
In reply to: tmz2009
Tue, 01-15-2013 - 1:26pm

I know what you mean. I have lived near my gym for 18 years and i would not be happy if i had to leave. I have friends htere and it is more than just exercise. I feel like i belong. It is like home or something.

How far a way are you going to be and will you still be albe to drop in once in a while and visit?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket