Sad and disturbing story of a local woman - what do you think of this?

iVillage Member
Sad and disturbing story of a local woman - what do you think of this?
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 3:23pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3757881/Worlds-fattest-mum-Susanne-Eman-wants-to-be-heaviest-ever.html

Susanne is from Casa Grande, a community just south of Phoenix here in Arizona.

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member

What makes this even more disturbing is that she is living on public assistance and the state's health care, all funded by the taxpayers.

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Is anyone else curious what she weighed before she made the decision to do this? Look at her, she's beautiful! Why would she do that to herself and her loved ones? I weigh less than half of what she does and my daughter constantly tells me that she wants me to be healthy so I can be around longer. In my opinion, whatever reason she says she has to do this, it's purely selfish and definitely NOT in the best interests of her children.

Seeing things like this makes me want to cry. There are people out there barely living off of raman noodles because they're out of work and this woman is spending thousands of dollars just to feed herself? If you want to do something worthwhile lady, share the good fortune with those who need it. It may not get you headlines but it'll do a lot more good to your heart. ::sigh::
iVillage Member
I think it is a crazy thing to do. I would think the risk of death before reaching her goal is high.

SJ
Community Leader

You're right, this is very sad and disturbing. Don't you think this woman obviously has mental health issues? Who would want to do this to his/her own self deliberately? Isn't it almost like committing suicide but slowly?

Karla
Community Leader
WALKING
EXERCISE and HEALTHY LIVING