September Chatting Thread

iVillage Member
September Chatting Thread
Tue, 09-04-2012 - 8:40am

Hello September and Hello to a healthy start to your fall season. I'm so excited you are on here doing this with me. Here's the place to say hi, post a small update, share you struggles, or anything else that is on your mind today. You are always more than welcome to start a new thread but if you want to share the little stuff this is the thread for you. :smileyhappy: I'm wishing all of you a super healthy spirit and body this fall season!! 

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!

Pages

iVillage Member
Re: September Chatting Thread
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 12:10pm
AHHHHHHHHH are you having the amazing weather we are having out here in NC?? It feels amazing! Its sunny and 79! I think I'm going to miss the summer but this does feel wonderful. :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 8:59pm
We had super heavy rainfall Friday night and Saturdat, and showers yesterday...today, fall is here...60 degrees..they closed the outdoorvpool at the gym last night, and today they are draining it...makes me sad...but football started, so the season has some good things...SJ
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 11:24am

TGIF everyone!

My little one has a fever so no gym for me this morning. I called my hubby and he's coming home early. I'll do a afternoon gym workout. I just hope I don't get sick too. Other than that my complaint is that the damn scale won't move!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGGGG! Almost two weeks now and I've been stuck. I didn't workout yesterday so I know that added to it. Last week was TOM. Hummm. Maybe something will happen this weekend that will get it moving again. I have 4.5 wks to reach my next goal 9 pounds away. Sigh. 

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-16-2012 - 7:25pm
Tanya- Sorry your knees are bothering you! Does anything help? I had knee pain a few years ago and I remember how bad it was. :smileysad: I still can't do many of those workout classes because it's too much of a high impact workout on my knees.

I am having a very good weekend off work! yay! Working 8 days in a row does pay off when you get a nice weekend off like this. I worked out both Sat and Sunday. This morning (Sunday) I did my weight training and 25 minutes of cardio. I didn't think I was going to make it!! It really pushed me. I hope to see some results. A few weeks of this and I'm feeling better and better each day.
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 12:28pm
Happy Monday ladies! What plans do you have this week?

It seems I have a really full week when it come to my To Do list. Don't forget everyone: Be kind to yourself today and give your body only what it needs and not what the mind thinks it wants. :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 11:49am
How's your week going? What's keeping you busy these days?

Yesterday was the longest hardest workout day of my life. My poor foot is YELLING at me today because of what I put it through. :smileysad: Yesterday I was still up a pound since Monday. I decided I was going to get in a really good day. I increased my resistance at the gym and worked out about 10-15 minutes longer. Then a new friend invited me to walk with them last night. I don't walk these days due to my foot problem. I ended up walking with them for 1 hr and 15 minutes! I never got out of breath so we weren't going too fast but that was the longest walk I've ever gone on! This morning I was done 0.4 of a pound. 208.0 ARRGGGHHH. I need a rest day from the gym. I've gone every single day for over a week now. We had appointments for my DD so I decided to have a rest day. Besides. My foot is killing me and I think my new shoes gave me blisters. lol!

Its a odd mix of being happy that I did it, sort of sad I didn't break below 208, and on the verge of being discouraged and eating junk food. Oh well. I'm not going to over think it today. I ate a good lunch, will go to work later, and do my thing like its any other normal day. Basically I'll worry about it later. Not that worry will fix anything right now! LOL!
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 2:34pm
doing good,hard but hanging in

Barb             

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 2:45pm
Tmz - I find that ibuprofen and ice are good freind's when I hurt somewhere...everyone is different but my trainer and I both swear by ibu...for us, it reduces swelling and pain. He likes frozen peas for ice packs...he says they wrap around well...I have never gone to his place for dinner...I find ice cobes in a plastic bag wrapped in a towel are good, or if you can stand it, a bucket filled with water and ice...no more than 20 minutes no more than three times a day...you know bad eating never leads to weight loss andi always leads to feeling crappy physically and mentally...your body will catch up...and a rest day every five or six days is mandatory..the muscles need rest to repair and get stronger...hang in there...SJ
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 7:03pm

Hi. I'm new here. Today is day 1 and all I want to do is eat...but I remember how it feels to bend over. I feel like I represent the letter "O". I used to say I can't get how people get so large they just lay in bed. I get it. I can't wait to get home from work, take off my tight clothes and put on my loosest clothes....and I guess eventually that'd be a sheet, huh?

Anyhow, a little bit about me. I'm 5'7 and very near 300...about 280. I just want to get to 220 and I'd be happy! Plus, thinking 60lbs is less daunting.

I'd like to hear about you all- how much have you lost? how to maintain positive energy? I'm in no way giving in to the excuse, but my life is in struggles- financially and personally. To make it simple, I'm struggling to end a long, violent relationship and I don't make enough money for my house anymore. I'm 37, w/ 3 kids- but only 1 lives at home..that's because the other 2 are in college! My 21 yr old (yup, former teen mom) is a senior in college and my 17 yr old a freshman...and I have an almost 3 yr old (from the abusive relationship)...my kids rock and are smart and healthy...so I want to be too. Plus, I think life will change if I feel pretty again. See? There I go rambling again! How about ya'll?

A

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 7:26am
Hi and welcome to the board. I have neen on this journey for nine years. I do not know my highest weight because once I hot to 200, I stopped weighing..I estimate 225-235. I got down to 160 several years ago, and am currently at @ 180...I like to think 178. My goal in my head is 135. Which is what I weighed at so...26 years ago. I stay on the journey because I know once I stop trying to move down, I will move up...my journey is a reies of small changes - replacing bad habits with good. Ones. I didn't do everything at. Once, and I didn't sustain all of them...some things I get off track and go back. I have learned a lot. About what food means in my life, and it has little to do with physical hunger..food is my first choice to solve all problems, and I have learned to sometimes make other choices. Three good habits I recommend to peoe starting out is - first, replace sweet drinks with water...soda (diet or otherwise), juice, sweet coffee drinks...just stop. Try to drink 8 glasses of water spread throughout the day. If this is too hard at first, then scale back a little each week. Water wil help your body process the fat you are burning, and drinking it all the time will mean you are never thirsty...and sometimes when you think you are hungry, you are actually thirsty, so keeping yourself hydrated wil help with that..plus the added trips to the bathroom add exercise:smileyhappy:. Second, walk for 20 minutes a day. If that is two hard, split it up and walk for five minutes for times or ten minutes twice. Put on supportive shoes. Open your odor. Look at your watch..go. Halfway through your goal, turn around and walk back. Every day, try to walk a little faster so you go a little further. When 20 minutes get easy, go for thirty, or do two 20. Minutes. Too busy? Take your. Child with you. Get up 20 minutes early. Walk at lunch. Make this a priority. Third. Journal your food. Everyone hates oing this, but it is the key to knowing yourself and the food lies you tell yourself. Do not try to change what you eat at first. Just write it down...what you ate, where, when, why...after a few weeks, Analyze the result and look for places you could make healthy substitutions, times you are eating stuff you don't really like, what triggers your eting. If you always stop at the drive thru when you work late, put a piece of fruit or a granola bar in your purse and eat it before you leave work. If you always eat when you talk to your mother, call her from a landline tethered phone in a room with no food....if you eat when you are sad, think of a few other things you could do..have a bubble bath, email a freind and the next time you are tempted to use food to soothe yourself, try the other thing first..you can always eat later. This is not a miracle cure...the trick of this journey is there is no secret..it's hard but not complicated...eat healthy food in moderation, move more...let us know how you are oing. Best wishes. SJ

Pages