September One Stop Chat Spot

iVillage Member
September One Stop Chat Spot
Thu, 09-01-2011 - 6:03pm

Hey Ladies, Thought since I was on I would get the fall ball rollin...What are your plans now that the weather is cooling down and the types of

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-01-2011 - 6:07pm

I am so tired tonight, but it's for a good reason,

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-03-2011 - 9:40am
Tanya- Great job on the exercise! I bet your child (boy or girl?) was nice and tuckered out that night.

As for me, I'm 2 weeks smoke free today and fairly happy about it. I hope it gets easier from this point forward.

Rose
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-03-2011 - 6:29pm

Tanya, thanks for starting a September board.

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-03-2011 - 7:48pm
I'm able to breathe a little deeper and obviously don't reek of cigarettes but nothing else noticeable yet Liz. I'm waiting to start coughing up the yucky stuff. Is it strange that I'm looking forward to that part?
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-08-2011 - 8:30am

Feeling very frustrated again this week, tracked all week, went to the fair and only had a little bit of fair food and I ate mostly veggies all day to make space for it,

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-08-2011 - 10:37am
I hate it when the scale doesn't show the results of all your hard work. But there's always a reason for it so take a deep breath and think of what might have caused that. Are you due for your menstrual cycle soon? Have you eaten something with more salt than you usually have? Did you weigh yourself before or after your aerobics workout?

Another thing you might want to consider is that you're in a plateau. Change up the exercise routine and eating habits, raise or lower your daily calorie intake by 100 calories or so, wake your body up and make it work a little harder for that metabolism burn..

I know it's tough but you'll make it through and see those numbers drop again. Good luck!
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-16-2011 - 11:46pm

Wow this month is flying by for me! I have been super busy and missed all of you ladies the past couple weeks. Let's see: I got sick the week of my first earthquake EVER, the following weekend a hurricane hit my area of eastern North Carolina, we our fence is a goner, and I started a new job last month! Gezz I'm tired thinking about it! I just got back a couple days ago from a 6 day visit back home while my husband had a conference in Texas. We had so much fun! The visit went MUCH better than last time. I was determined to have a better time. :) While I was gone I was hired for a second part time job. This is a totally commission based sales job. I'm selling custom Facebook pages for small businesses in my area. I love FB and feel like this is such a great tool for local business owner's to make use of. My commission is more than fair and I have a good feeling about this new opportunity!

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-17-2011 - 2:46pm

Tanya, I know how frustrating that is.

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-17-2011 - 2:53pm

TMZ, welcome back and I'm glad you had a good time on your vacation!

This journey is about so much more than just what we eat (or don't eat) and how much we move.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-18-2011 - 12:35am

You got it Liz! I'm with you!! Anyone else wanna make a end of the year goal? :)

I think one thing about the mental that is getting to me is all the memories I associate with a certain weight, i.e. 220's, 199, 175... BIG thoughts and memories flash in my mind just thinking about being that size again. Both good stuff and some not so nice stuff. Just all the stress of entering adulthood and gaining weight at the same time. That is in a nut shell what happened to me. Last time I was 225 (my current) I think I was 20 yrs old. As I sit here now, a mother, a wife, a nearly mid thirty something yr old... well it's just painful to think about all the years lost to obesity.

Seriously, I am making a mental shift. i'm breaking down those thoughts and I'm keeping myself in the "here and now." My health and my future good health is a big motivator. I want to be around for my husband and little girl! I don't want to be the "fat mom" when my little girl gets older. I want to be proud of my health and I want to be a active person for the first time in my life! :) Don't tell anyone, but this cubby girl wants to learn to hike next year!! SHHHHHHHHHHH! :)

Thanks for all the support girlys!!

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!

Pages