Started 30 days ago

iVillage Member
Started 30 days ago
Sun, 10-20-2013 - 4:23pm

I started about 30 days ago at 294 pounds. I weighed Friday and was at 270.5!! A friend recommended this board for support and encouragement.  

I am eating better-- NO BREAD AND NO POTATOES AND NO FAST FOOD!! Plus I work out about 2 to 3 hours a day! at least 2 taking maybe 1 day off a week. 

The nutritionist said eat between 1200 and 1500 calories! With so much salad only meals I am having trouble hitting enough calories!

My goal is to lose 80 lbs by next May even though I actually need to lose about 130 lbs total to get to the appropriate weight.  I am fighting with my girlfriend and have been for several months she's constantly mad at me. I just keep trying after over 6 years I'm not throwing it all away!!  She is not giving me any support and I go by myself to the gym as I have no one to go with me. She thinks I'm to sensitive about my size etc etc!! Fighting depression and our troubled relationship is making it hard to keep to it Going. I need support and encouragment. I hope by being happier with me it can help everything else. I can't stand looking at myself in the mirror and  end up crying everyday over fighting with her or something.  Our relationship is a secret due to kids, friends and other reasons we can't be out. I accept this and love her anyway. I'm just struggling to get her not mad at me for a fight we had months ago!!  

I take mostly group classes at the gym. I want to go I'm the morning but I am missing that motivation to go. I think it would help to go before work. It's frustrating busting my butt and the scale doesn't want to move!! I enjoy the yoga, weight, Zumba, spin and water aerobics classes. I  need help!! I need to find a reason this is worth it. 

Any advice to keep going I'm all ears. Will weigh tomorrow. I probably watch the scale too closely. 

294->270.5

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-22-2013 - 10:54am

OMG congratulations. I personally have never seen that big of a loss in such a short time but I have read stories of other people who have. I am reading your story wondering if I cut out potatoes if it would help. I simply cut out soda and lost a few pounds without even trying anything else. I had been walking regularly but lost my motivation after a few days in a row of rain. I just got busy and haven't been back out again.

I know I need to just put on my shoes and get out the door but I can't ever find time. How do you get in 2-3 hours of exercise a day??

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-23-2013 - 11:23am

Motivation is the HARDEST I will admit! I make the time and take the time and say this is important to me and for me to hell with the rest of them. 

Drinking my water is hard but I push push push so I don't get cramps. Potatoes and bread are huge! 

It is hard sitting at work everyone around you eating sandwiches  and donuts and cupcakes and having pure will power to say NO! I def have been tempted and have those who will try to sabotage in an instant. 

I go straight to the gym after work, I do not give myself the chance to go home and not go back out. 

I found a great gym with group classes for all fitness levels and I get constant motivation from the trainers and others in my class!  My gym offers the les mills classes as well as water aerobics. 

I haven't measured but I know for the first time things are big in my arms and my "new" workout yoga pants are already needing rolled. 

Some nights my mind says keep going after 2 hours but my body says I'm crazy.  I find myself looking forward to my workouts now and wish I could fit in more. 

Last night for instance I took two classes and my arms were shot. I could not stay for Zumba part of me wanted to but my body was wanting nothing to do with that idea! 

I hope to be a 14 by Christmas. Thinking about adding Garcinia Cambogia to everything I've read good stuff on it. Right now though its just me. No skinny fiber no plexus none of those other things I've seen. 

It's hard but I just tell myself I AM TIRED OF BEING FAT.  As much success as I feel I still look at my positioning during class in the mirror and feel like a cow ready to cry. 

Water water water no bread no potatoes the only "bread" I eat is a wheat tortilla !! 

Any words of motivation to keep me going is welcome and appreciated.