trying a new workout dvd!

iVillage Member
trying a new workout dvd!
Thu, 02-17-2011 - 10:42am

So 1 week ago today DH bought a new workout DVD its Billy Blanks Tae Bo. At first I thought are you crazy! He never worked out with me up til that point except for the occassional walk with the dog. As of him buying that DVD thursday we haved worked out everyday together! It has been fun and I actually enjoy my workouts now instead of dreading getting on the recumbant bike for an hour. I really enjoy this dvd i mean dont get me wrong the dvd is hard and there are alot of things that are beyond my skill level but im still left with ALOT of things I CAN do!!! I enjoy the music and the ability to be up on my feet moving around and the boxing portion of it. I also like that he incourages you not to feel bad if you need to catch your breath or take a break he just says go ahead don't worry if you cannot keep up just pause the video and catch your breath and come back to us! DH and I go thru 2 bottles of water a piece with this workout! Oh and I can kick my legs higher now than I could on day 1! Im also happy that i can see a change in how my clothes fit from last thursday to today! I guess im just plain ole happy and very excited over this new thing we are both trying!!! We did try and take our boxer on a half mile walk after I got off work yesterday and I think we over did it with the 40 minutes of dvd we did (started out at 20) because both of us were left soooo sore by lastnight and even this morning we were wondering what in the world we were thinking! LOL!!!

Thanks for reading!

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-19-2011 - 6:35pm

Good for you for getting moving!

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

Administrator
Fri, 02-18-2011 - 8:15am
You know- I believe there is some merit to this statement!

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-17-2011 - 10:55pm
The couple that sweats together stays together...

Have fun!
SJ
Administrator
Thu, 02-17-2011 - 11:15am
oh YEAH!!! I love Tae Bo. It's very active but fun. So glad to hear you are enjoying it!

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com