Update

iVillage Member
Update
Fri, 11-19-2010 - 9:58am

I posted awhile back, hopefully most will remember me as I really don't think I have the umph to repeat it all. I went to the doctor as stated in my last entry, and she pretty much confirmed what I knew. She says the PCOS makes weight loss extremely difficult and to just keep up the diet and excersize. I told her it's kind of hard when you see nothing for your hard work. So I have been sliding backwards a bit, not eating bad things...as this has never been a real issue with me...but just not eating as regular, I am finding I'm missing meals again.

iVillage Member
In reply to: applebear1
Mon, 12-13-2010 - 1:17am

Hello,I just read your letter,I had actually wrote to you a few minutes ago,had it all ready to send and accidentally erased the whole thing,so here I go again...........I was so touched by your letter,I am so sorry you have to deal with this health issue,I too have health issues and know how you feel,I have 2 degenerated discs in my lower back,I deal with pain everyday,I lost my job that I had worked at for 14 years because of this,that was 6 years ago,I haven't been able to find another job because I have limitations of lifting,bending,standing or sitting to long,I too suffer from depression because of it,I have gained almost 100 pounds in the last 6 years and struggle to loose it,the meds I take make it hard to loose weight also,but I just want you to know that you can get thru this,I don't know if you have a good support system,but I thank god everyday for my family and friends,because like you I just felt defeated,they give me so much love and understanding,I try to look in the mirror everyday and say to myself ,

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-12-2010 - 4:23pm

Hi April,

Are you still checking in out here once in a while?

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2010 - 4:57pm

Have you and your doctor ever discussed your going on Medifast?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

.  -Albert Einstein

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-07-2010 - 1:45pm

I have heard with PCOS you have trouble metabolizing carbohydrates (good and bad) and that you should focus on eating a diet high in protein and low on carbs (like South Beach or Atkins).

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-20-2010 - 12:11pm

I'm sorry to hear that you've been frustrated with every approach you can find to losing weight.

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"