Well, this was a mood kill...

iVillage Member
Well, this was a mood kill...
Mon, 01-31-2011 - 12:01pm

Previous Weight: 314.8
Current Weight: 314.4
Weekly Loss: 0.4 lbs

It would be an understatement to say I was in shock when I saw this measly loss this morning. This past week I worked harder than I've ever worked to stay on plan, keep myself moving and remain focused. I had one cheat throughout the week, a single donut, but the first week where I lost 5.4 lbs I'd had 2 donuts. What the heck is going on? I've only just started to lose weight so I should still be shedding water weight, and I should definitely NOT be hitting a plateau this soon.

I really just want to curl up and cry right now. I'm thankful that I don't want to eat and I'm not looking at that number and thinking to myself, "Well if all that hard work produced so little of a result, why bother?" Mostly I'm just running options through my head trying to figure out why the number was so low. I know I worked hard this week and I was feeling oh-so-proud of myself for keeping my eye on the prize. I didn't give in to the temptation of takeout, which would've been so easy because it was a pay week for me. 85% of what I drink now is water, not water-based, straight water.

I just don't know. I'm not really counting calories so maybe I'm eating too few. Perhaps the strength training I did on Saturday is building muscle weight, or even because I'm walking more the muscles in my legs are getting stronger, therefore adding weight. I'm not giving up but I'm just so frustrated that I want to scream. I'm happy to still see a loss that I worked extremely hard for, but there isn't a doubt in my
Administrator
Mon, 01-31-2011 - 3:13pm
Awww-you keep going. You are doing such a good job. I think if I were you I would certainly start tracking calories. You may actually be taking in more than you think. At this point it is probably more what you are eating vs. how much you are eating.

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-31-2011 - 5:17pm

That stinks I know how disappointing it is to work so hard and then not see the results on the scale.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-01-2011 - 8:45pm
Misty,
Every week you don't gain is a success in my book!

But I think it is easy to overestimate the calories you burn from exercise. I was reiding the exercise bike tonight, adn I was sweating, but the machine shows I burn 5 calories a minute. A little bag of chips it 160 calories at least. That's more than a half hour on the darned bike...

Have you ever looked at caloriesperhour.com or fitday.com? They are great for calculating the calories in and out.

Best wishes
SJ