What keeps you trying?

iVillage Member
What keeps you trying?
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 10:46am

Another week and I'd love to know what keeps you moving towards your goals or what keeps you on the right path?? I know for me I want a healthy body so I can be with my family and long long time. I also want to be one of those people that enjoys outdoor activities rather than wanting to hide inside all of the time.

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 10:05pm
I think what keeps me trying is that I know how easy it is too lose all the progress. I go to the gym because I know that if I start skipping, I will keep skipping. If an excuse is good today, it will be good tomorrow. I'm too tired, I need to Work late, my (insert any body part here) hurts...not acceptable excuses. My work measuring stick is 'if I had a child, isthis problem so important I would leave him standing at the bus stop?'. If not, then I can go to the gym and work later tonight. My I'm tired I only allow on Fridays if I know I will work out on Saturday, and I am almost always sorry when I use it. As far as hurt...I broke my foot on Friday and worked out on Tuesday...when I had the screw put in, my doctor forbade me to leave the house for five weeks, and I was at the gym the day after house arrest was lifted...if I am throwing up, or have a fever...then I stay home...otherwise, no excuse. Food wise, I actually like the ease of having a plan for the week...no decisions to make, just do it. I wish I could find a plan for the weekend. That's what keeps me trying. SJ
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 10:21am
Agreed, happy. I think that losing all the progress is very frustrating. It always comes to mind when I'm craving my kids' Easter candy. I need to throw it all away when my kids aren't looking lol.

FoodieWorking Mom

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 12:23pm
For so long I've put my family first- now it is time to focus a bit on myself! I want more energy, to be active with my children, and be around for a long time to really ENJOY life!
June, loving mommy to Nicholas (8)
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 9:21pm
After I wrote this, I cancelled on the gym yesterday due to a work issue and bought an almond croissant this morning due to being woken up at 5:30 for a different work issue...proving how easy it is to get off track...and the worst part is what I really wanted this morning was a nice fried egg...which would have been such a better choice... SJ