Why do I do this to myself?

iVillage Member
Why do I do this to myself?
Mon, 07-01-2013 - 11:05am

Why 

do I do this to myself?I am a 50 year old woman I work 3rd shift and I weigh 275 pounds I have gained 40 pounds in the last year which makes me very sad I know I do not eat right I get depressed and I set an eat and then I feel sick but I cant seem to stop. I need help

Community Leader
Mon, 07-01-2013 - 12:12pm

~hugs~

Sometimes it's a combination of things...comfort and convenience...

At one point in time after I had my ds I was going through the death of my Mom and two other family members, my now ex-husband was having an affair while I was pregnant with ds and also the separation and divorce...I did loose about a hundred pounds.

I am almost fifty-five and trying to eat healthy...about five years ago I had a heart attack...I have high blood pressure which is controlled through medication, diet and exercise and also high chloresterol and I am on medication for that...also dealing with heart disease and RA and OA among other things...

Have you seen or talked to your health-care professional?

I would make an appointment to rule out any health problems and maybe get help...

Losing weight is not easy and sometimes we do need that support to make sure our health is not suffering and our life is not in jeporady...

My heart goes out to you, I have been there...I still would like to loose a little more weight but I try not to be too hard on myself...

Everday I try to exercise but know not to overdo it either...

Lorie

Nightangel