Kick Start Your Weight Loss Community Challenge Assignment
Find a Conversation
|Fri, 01-04-2013 - 8:45am|
I thought you might all enjoy today's Kick Start Your Weight Loss Community Challenge assignment. It's fairly easy and most everyone can fit this into their busy schedule. You can find more and get them e-mailed to you by signing up. It's never to late to get started:
Walk Off the Weight
Starting this weekend, incorporate 30-minutes of walking into every day of this Challenge. It’s more manageable than you think because your 30 minutes doesn’t even have to happen in one chunk of time. That’s right — you can add up smaller increments of time that amount to 30 minutes total. For example, walk for 10 minutes before work, 10 at lunch and 10 after dinner to reach your goal.
Some of you are already committed to an exercise routine, and if so, that’s fabulous — don’t stop! In addition to what you already do, on your “off days” make sure you meet this 30-minute walking goal. Or, if you already walk 30 minutes every day, tack on 15 more!
For those of you who don’t exercise yet, keep in mind that walking is:
- Gentle on your joints
- A terrific mood-booster
- A great way to get you in the mindset for healthy eating
Walking is so easy that you can multitask while you do it! A few suggestions:
1. Grab your phone and catch up with a friend.
2. Start a walking book club and discuss the read while burning calories.
3. Bring your pet to strengthen your bond.
4. Invite your kids and catch up on the day.
5. Share some quality time with your spouse.
6. Encourage a friend or neighbor to join you, because finding an exercise buddy is a great way to stay committed.