Fri, 04-19-2013 - 7:42am

Name

What are your weekend plans?

Alice

iVillage Member
In reply to: aliwag809
Fri, 04-19-2013 - 10:44am

Name Pat

What are your weekend plans? Last I heard we were going to the lake, that might be changed since we have at least 4 inches of snow which means more up there. If we go I plan to do cleaning since it will be just us. Taking the dog with this weekend, so we'll see.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-19-2013 - 11:25am

Alice

I would love to be having this baby this weekend!  But am not showing any signs of labor so just waiting around.  I think we will go to a hockey game tomorrow afternoon.  Need to hang the pictures/shelves in the nursery tomorrow  morning now that I have decided where they will go and we need to move down twin mattresses to the nursery since the boys will sleep there for the week my parents are here after the baby comes.

Sunday the boys are going to Great Adventure with a friend to celebrate his birthday.  DH and I will got church and AWANA (we are leaders so we need to go even if boys dont).

Alice

iVillage Member
In reply to: tdalton810
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 10:58am

Alice-you are about to have a baby? That is so exciting. I have been ttc for a while now. I recently had a miscarriage which my doctor has contributed to my weight. How long after your surgery did you wait to get pregnant? How have you done with the weight gain if you don't mind my asking?

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 1:42pm

My c-section is scheduled for Weds!  I can't believe your weight had anything to do with a miscarriage--I had one miscarriage prior to my 1st son, then ds #1 12 yrs ago, ds #2 10 yrs ago both when I was MO and both using clomid since I had PCOS symptoms and didn't ovulate on my own.  This time around I went off bc not quite 2 1/2 yrs post op and got pregnant instantly, miscarried at 6 weeks and got pregnant again instantly!  So obviously loosing weight cured my fertility issues!   My lowest post op weight was 139 and I was maintaing between 142-148 for at least a year when I got pregnant.  This am I was 187  (which is actually a 3 lbs gain since Weds--but I am retaining fluid like crazy) so my weight gain has been pretty on track for a "normal" weight person.  The doctors suggest a 30lb weight  gain over the pregnancy but most women I know gained at least 40 so I'm not concerned with my weight gain.

Alice

iVillage Member
In reply to: tdalton810
Mon, 04-22-2013 - 8:48am

Congrats Alice and thank you for the information. It is very encouraging. I am definitely in the "obese" range and my doctor seems to contribute my weight to anything that happens to me. My sister thinks I need a new doctor but the constant reminders from him have given me motivation to try to lose. I just don't know what to do.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-22-2013 - 10:42am

Alice, 

My birthday is Wednesday so naturally I think that is a great day to be born lol.  Good luck with the delivery.

Mary