Mini Challenge: w/o 10/18 - 10/24

iVillage Member
Mini Challenge: w/o 10/18 - 10/24
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 1:00pm
This challenge stems from my own procrastinating ways! :@)

Your challenge this week is to seriously think about Halloween!

Its inevitable that I'm always running around at the last minute because I don't have a costume ready, I've forgotten part of it, I need to get candy, I don't have a bag for the kids to collect candy in, or something along those lines.

In the end, I give up and buy something new, get whatever candy is available, or end up doing something else that is outside of my green comfort zone because of time constraints.

This year I'm making a promise to plan ahead. Who will join me?

Here are some things we can do. Add your ideas too!

• Giving out candy? Is there a local chocolate, taffy or other candy store that you can support? Can you think of anything else to give out to ToT'ers? Will the ToT'ers at your house be kids you know - kids you can give homemade treats to? Can you find a treat with a little less packaging than others?

• Costumes Are your kids costumes ready? Do you have every thing they need down to the shoes they'll wear? If not, where can you go to get something 2nd hand? Can you borrow from a friend? Make it yourself? Be sure to leave yourself time! You might even do a trial run. Put the kids costumes on and see if anything is missing, itchy, too big, too small, etc.

• Pumpkins Will you be carving a pumpkin? Can you get them from a local pumpkin patch? Plan some free time one afternoon or this weekend to go!

• Party Going to a Halloween party? Kids having one at school? What will you need to bring? Plan some time to make homemade pumpkin muffins instead of store-bought cupcakes.

So are you all set? What do you have left to do? I'm going to take inventory today and make a list of what is left at our house.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 9:00pm

Well.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-21-2009 - 11:40am
We got our costumes from Goodwill this year. I just need to buy DS a cape that didn't come with his Batman costume. We don't hand out candy because our condo complex is full of old people, lol. And we live in the land of local pumpkin patches (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half_Moon_Bay,_California).

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-23-2009 - 11:56am

Aw, what a bummer! But I'm sure chuck e cheese makes up for it. We're going there this weekend for a birthday party. I was pleasantly surprised by the place. For $20 (coupon in the Tuesday ads) we can feed the family and get enough tokens for everyone to have a good time.

GL with the move!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-23-2009 - 12:03pm

What a beautiful place to live! DH and I drove through there a few years back. We had a layover in San Francisco on the way to our honeymoon - yikes I guess that was in 2001! We ate at restaurant on the beach, then sat outside under a blanket and drank wine. Ah, the child-free life! ;)

I didn't know it was the land of pumpkin patches though!

Photobucket