Roofing 101

iVillage Member
Roofing 101
Sun, 10-02-2011 - 11:38am

Search is failing me and I can find nothing about roofing - whether it be choosing or installing - so a new thread is in order, yes?

CL for "

iVillage Member
In reply to: thatyank
Sat, 11-10-2012 - 12:17pm

I said this back in 2011! And I still can't find a thread on roofing. Even this one seems to have stopped short of information... but here is a little info for you...

Have you ever considered a metal roof? They are getting a lot of commerical coverage on television around here but we still opted for shingles with a 50-year warranty, figuring we'd be long gone before THIS new roof needs replacing!

Anyway, a little something on metal roofs...

Trending Now: Metal Roofs
Metal Roofing
by Rebecca Thienes Cherny

Not just for barns or cabins any longer, metal roofs are enjoying renewed popularity. Here are ten stylish reasons why.

CL for "

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-15-2013 - 10:01am

THIS WEEK ON BOBVILA.COM

Should You Repair or Replace the Roof?

As you conduct spring maintenance, take a good long look at your roof. There may be damage to repair after winter's harsh weather. If subject to ice dams, check your attic for signs of a leak. Also, locate and replace missing or loose shingles. If the installation is older or has been seriously damaged, you may have a difficult choice to make between roof repair and replacement. If you've decided on the latter, be sure to consider all options, from asphalt shingles to metal panels.

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 11:08am

Composite Shingles for a New Era

The Great Pretenders
by Joe Provey

Emulating the look of slate and wood roofing, low-maintenance composite shingles are more reliable than ever before.

CL for "