Accountability April 21th, 2014

iVillage Member
Accountability April 21th, 2014
Mon, 04-21-2014 - 9:46am

Hi All. How did the weekend go? Did you stay on budget or blow it out of the water?

I spent some money over the weekend on beer and food we were not anticipating. We had a guest from out of town on Sat night, so $25 on beer. Friday I cooked easter dinner and made a fancy dessert and bought more veges and an  easter plant for my mother in law as she does so much for us. So probably and extra $25 there. But to be honest,  my MIL bought the ham for me to cook, and supplied the whip  cream ffor the dessert and the potatoes were from her garden last year  we had in cold storage lol. So we did fine and had some nice left  overs and gave the rest of the ham back to the MIL,it was hers after all!

Plus I worked Saturday, got paid for Friday off which i am not used to as I used to own my own business so I am loving that plus I get time and a half for today!! So excited about that.

We are getting some base gravel for the house today and our lane we made so that is exciting!

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-23-2014 - 11:54pm
Dh just finished a 100 hour pay period (including the Friday stat) so we splurged and bought a duvet! I've never had one and it is sooooo soft and pillowy...I love it! We spent $90 including duvet, cover and new sheets. It has this blue beach colour our designer told us we should get when we moved in. But we made all our meals and have been very frugal :) Dee
iVillage Member
Dh just finished a 100 hour pay period (including the Friday stat) so we splurged and bought a duvet! I've never had one and it is sooooo soft and pillowy...I love it! We spent $90 including duvet, cover and new sheets. It has this blue beach colour our designer told us we should get when we moved in. But we made all our meals and have been very frugal :) Dee
iVillage Member
Community Leader
Thu, 04-24-2014 - 2:26pm

Looks like I will squeek by for the month.  For Easter, I only brought one dish instead of two and did not make extra for leftovers.   Not like I saved a ton, but at the end of the month, it makes a difference.   

Only spent $8.00 on Easter candy for the 3 of us and did not take extra to my moms like I usually do.  

Serenity

Serenity
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2014 - 8:54am
You are making changes. And it is going to work.