Accountability April 28th, 2014

iVillage Member
Accountability April 28th, 2014
Mon, 04-28-2014 - 9:42am

Hey how did everyone do this past week? Did you stay on budget or way over do it? Let us know.

I had lots of family here this weekend for a few hours for lunch. I bbqed home made burgers and tried a new dressing for the coleslaw. I served ground beef and cabbage. pretty cheap but pretty tastey and got asked for recipes so I don't think anyone minded! That was about it really. I spent $30 bucks on beer too. it is mostly still here. I asked my family to bring the wine lol. They don't care.

We are on our way to the city today, that right 3 days off in a row for me!, to get a tired fixed or replaced and pick up a bed for my little girl from my sister. And bedding and toys and books. They are redoing their basement and want to get of a bunch of stuff. So be it. I'll take it!!

Have a good week everyone!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2014 - 11:19am
Karen, you are always so frugal. Its impressive. We had a good frugal weekend mainly because I worked. I picked up a lot of hours filling in for the shop owner while she visited family out of country. I'm very glad she's back this week but I am going to be quite happy with my next paycheck!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2014 - 11:19am
Karen, you are always so frugal. Its impressive. We had a good frugal weekend mainly because I worked. I picked up a lot of hours filling in for the shop owner while she visited family out of country. I'm very glad she's back this week but I am going to be quite happy with my next paycheck!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2014 - 11:20am
Community Leader
Mon, 04-28-2014 - 4:36pm

DH saw I only had $25 in my account and transferred some money over.  :)  So I did some grocery shopping.  Didn't spend any money on anything extra.  DH picked up some coffees and lunch for us Sunday.

Excited to see my CC balance slowly go down.  You know how they now have to show you how long it would take to pay off your balance with Only the Minimum Payment?  28 years!  Okay, we all know the minimum payment goes down every month when you stop using your card, but still...holy moly!   $428 a month, I think it said 3 or 4 years.   Financial advisor would like to see it gone in 2 years.  

Serenity  

Serenity
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2014 - 9:47am

Serenity, I see the same thing on my cc statements. The fun thing is that every month you pay above the minimum payment the total amount needed in 30 years and total interest goes down a bit and that definitely helps in the long slow slog!

signature