Accountability June 16th, 2014

iVillage Member
Accountability June 16th, 2014
Mon, 06-16-2014 - 9:30am

Hey all. How did the weekend go? Did you stay on budget or blow it out of the water? Let us know.

I spent $6.00 on some chocolate for my father in law for Father's day. He has a sweet tooth. The in laws actually took us out for supper and we stopped at sister in laws for appys and drinks before we went. All free. We were not really expecting it but wow was it lovely. It will be berry harvest soon and they will be here for supper most evenings. I promised myself this year I was going to freeze things and serve them with no muss and fuss...that has not happened yet lol.  We just went to costco (322) and my freezer is still not full. We had to buy diapers and diaper genie refils. $90! I can't wait until she is potty trained!! I am so done with that expense! 

So that was our weekend and I worked Saturday night.

Have a frugal week everyone!

Community Leader
Mon, 06-16-2014 - 12:09pm

Ugh, spent more than I intended.  All cash, no CC, but still.  That's all I'm saying....Innocent

Serenity
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-17-2014 - 9:52am

Saturday morning we bought DH new clothes (he hasn't really purchased anything for the entire time we have been together...6 years). $250 there and he still needs tennis shoes, but it was all within budget ($300 or under). I am happy he has some nicer things to wear in vacation for his sister's wedding. Then I had a great evening Saturday with the girls at a bachelorette party for my SIL. I spent about $40 total on drinks and breakfast the next morning before I drove the 3 hours back home and $45 on fuel. All in all the weekend was a success :)

JenAaron.jpg picture by jen2075

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-17-2014 - 10:08am
Horrible, terrible, awful ... and I loved every minute of it :) It started with an unplanned shopping trip. I decided that I wanted to get a new outfit or two since I was going to venture back into the dating world. Well that went crazy and I ended up with a ton of stuff ... like $500 worth. Good news is I love it all and it fits (I've lost 13 lbs so far and am planning on losing another 8). Then the festival was on this weekend so there was a lot of patio sitting and beer drinking :) Plus I had people at my house twice so there was food and wine. Oh and Father's day and flower for my roommate (her father passed away) and holy Hannah did it add up fast :( Good news is that I can pay it off, but now my poor little line of credit won't get paid off the first week of July ... it will have to wait until mid July. Oh well, all worth it.

Bex -

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-17-2014 - 11:22am

Well, we had a great time camping in Assateague. We ate the dinners on the firepit but ended up eating out at lunch and one breakfast in Ocean City.  And then Father's Day and we took my dh out for a nice steak dinner at Longhorn. Expensive but worth it as the steak was actually cooked the way he requested it. This week I plan to stay frugal since we're low on funds until payday on Friday.

signature