Accountability June 9th, 2014

iVillage Member
Accountability June 9th, 2014
Mon, 06-09-2014 - 8:59am

HI All. How was the weekend? Did you stay on budget or go off the rails?

I went to my girl friend's stagette. We had so much fun. I spent $250. I'm ok with it. I never go out really. Spa treatment, hotel, dinner and the bar and drinks for the room. Under budget actually. I will have money left to pay for a weekend food handling prep course my son took on the weekend. Hope he passed. He has an opportunity to get a summer job at a camp as an assistant cook. Pretty cool.

Hopefully this week will be better but we are out of food...again. They keep eating!!

Have a great week!

Community Leader
Mon, 06-09-2014 - 1:08pm

My DD14 is also interested in the culinary arts!

Just tracking my spending to hopefully stay on task for the month.  Oh, one tiny thing.....

Just4U on Safeway has a FREE box of Mac and Cheese.  I also made a purchase.  Well, I had a coupon loaded for the same mac and cheese and it ran it through!  So I actually received 60 cents off my purchase of something else entirely!  

I got "paid" for the FREE box of mac and cheese!  Should I call Extreme Couponers on TLC??????

Serenity
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2014 - 2:08pm

I stayed pretty much under budget this weekend, though I have THREE weddings coming up this summer. I went in with MIL on the first wedding shower gift, so not much there. The bachelorette party for my SIL is coming up next weekend and I spent $138 Friday for that gift,  I budgeted for $150 so I did ok there too.

We went to about a hundred garage sales Saturday afternoon. We were there pretty much at closing time, so everyone was wheeling and dealing. We got a nice wooden toddler bed for the 2 yo for $15! I was extatic. The same thing online/in stores cost $100-135. He loves it, but can't manage to keep his little but IN the bed all night long. We were on night two last night and he fell out 3 times, lol. He will get used to it I guess :)

Took DD to the movies and out to dinner last night, but it was with gift cards I got for Christmas so no money was spent there.

JenAaron.jpg picture by jen2075

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-11-2014 - 9:39am

I did so so this weeked, but given how busy it was I'm proud :) Saturday I hosted a pot luck for about 12 people. There is a festival in my city and I live really close to it, so everyone came over and ate dinner and then went down. I spent about $60 on food but I made a large batch of meatballs and froze half (because I am having another group over this Friday for the end of the festival!!!).

Sunday I took my cousins to the zoo. It was a work family picnic so I only had to pay for 2 discounted admissions. The food and parking was covered and I splurged for ice cream for all of us. So in total $60 which isn't too bad for a full day with 4 people.

I also got some odds and ends for the house (broom, swiffers etc) So in total I think I was $20 over for the week.

This week is mainly that other dinner party I was talking about but I have the meatballs ready, a ton of leftover crackers and chips that we never opened so I'm hoping that will keep me $20 under and then I average out for the two weeks.

I did manage to find $300 to put on my LOC so that is a nice feeling!

Bex -