Accountability Mar 26, 2014

iVillage Member
Accountability Mar 26, 2014
Sun, 05-25-2014 - 11:14am

Hey all, I will not have time tomorrow morning to post so I thought I would do it now.  So let us know how the week/weekend went. Did you overspend to stick to the budget?

Well I did it. I think I am going to start dying my hair on a regula basis. Just getting too much grey. I know I am luckier than some waiting until 40 but here it is. My sister lives an hour away and ususally does it but I am just not getting in enough for her to do it. She will continue to cut it though. I am going shorter and I bought my first boxed hair dye! i guess I have put that in my budget. $11.79!! OMG. I hope I like it. Getting my hair cut tomorrow. Who had diapers and hair dye on their grocery list??? Jeezzzzz. Hope to knock out those diapers in a year!! lol.

I planted more of my garden this weekend.  $28.99. I only bought a few flowers. Like $4.00 worth. I have so many perenials here that should be fine. I just dont 'have the time or engery for it this year with the new house. I splurged at the grocery store and got 3 steaks for $24. Our 1/4 cow has not come yet. Next month maybe. I can freeze one steak and we can have it one weekend lunch to split for a treat so two meals I suppose. It still hurt though! Nice beef ribeye steaks my fav. Other than that nothing else. 

I have tomorrow off. I am taking my little girl to go see my sister tomorrow  to get my hair cut(yes for free, so looking forward to it, probably about 6 inches!) and I will hit costco for a few things that are so much cheaper there to save a  bit of cash to stroke them off the list. So just gas to get there. And I may even drink a glass or two of my sister's wine! I bought last time she was out and cooked a fabulous lunch!

I bought play tickets for my son's play today and went to a shower this past week $60s total.

Have a great week everyone!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-26-2014 - 6:41pm

I had a good weekend spending wise but crappy otherwise (I got food poisioning and so I was down for the count for three days). As a result there was no spending :( I took today off of work and am feeling better but aside from that nothing. So that is good I guess. I did get some groceries today. I price matched and used coupons so in total I spent $60 total it was higher because I bought $15 of salmon on sale and will get 8 pieces out of it.

So I took the money that I had put aside for my weekend and put it on my LOC instead :) So it's getting paid down, slowly but surely :)

Bex -

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-28-2014 - 12:57am

Hubby and I had date night on sat and with babysitter it was $90. We took the kids to McDonalds for lunch before we went out - $15 but had nothing ourselves :)

We are thinking of moving from our townhome to a house so we've been selling stuff to declutter. We've been living off $400 we made over the last 2 weeks and even paid the babysitter with it. There is $100 left have a few more things to sell. Dh hasn't been able to deliver the extra stuff as he's been working overtime! 16 hours today alone! :)

I haven't been to starbucks because we get free coffee at work. And they've ordered me a gas card so I won't have to pay for that.

This is time for us to REALLY save!

Dee