Accountability May 5th, 2014

iVillage Member
Accountability May 5th, 2014
Mon, 05-05-2014 - 8:19am

Hey Everyone. How did the week go. Did you stay on budget or go over.

I bought booze again. But I had to give it away! A friend let us use their laser to level ground for th house so we bought them a case of beer in thanks. That may happen again if a friend comes to help us put windows in the basement. I think that was it for spending.

Funding is getting held up for the house in paperwork. I should have started it awhile ago but we had a blizzard and snow the week before! We did get preapproved but I didn't realize it is going to take this long to get the money, it could be weeks. I wish my lender would have told me. I hope the contractors are not mad.  One day at a time. This may take forever and we are both stressed out to the max. It may take way longer than expected.

This is going to be a very stressful few months. I am trying to be frugal. I wish I could do the 80/20, with the 20 carbs. I am just too stressed. I love the way the low carb diets make my tummy feel. I do get a little dizzy when standing up to fast on that diet, but wow does it work. The weight has crept back up over our 7 month winter! Plus stress has been bad. I am looking forward to next summer. 2012 I had the baby, 2013 I sold my store and hubby got a new job, and 2014 we decided to do a house! 2015 will be better I hope!

Have a good week everyone! Love the action on the board. Keep posting questions comments and concerns everyone!

Community Leader
Mon, 05-05-2014 - 12:35pm

I envy and feel for you at the same time Gal.  Building would be exciting, but stressfull at the same time.

Just goceries this weekend.  Splurged on half price Frappechinos at Starbucks (between 3 and 5).  

Saved $10 with coupons at Walmart plus other JustForU savings at Safeway.  And 10cents off on gas as Safeway.  And yes, where I live the 10cents really is a savings.  Only a mile down the road and comparable prices to Arco.  

DH is paying for me and DD to join a small local gym down the street from us.  No pool like the bigger local gym here, but also a ton cheaper and month to month.  Good hours, they do offer some group classes and a treadmill movie theater!  

Still haven't quite broken a new mark on the CC yet.  Even after payments post, the interest will post around the 20th, but excited even just about the tiny tiny progress so far.

Serenity

Serenity
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-05-2014 - 9:41pm
This does sound very stressful. I'm not sure I could ever build my own home bc I would be paranoid about every little detail, lol. But you seem to be coping well considering all the stress. When I said 80/20, I meant that I only do it 80% of the time. Sometimes it just isn't practical (or desirable) so I don't stress if I eat a high carb meal here and there. If you are getting dizzy this could be a sign of dehydration (you need lots of water to flush things out) or you need more salt. Good luck!
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-05-2014 - 9:54pm

Treadmill theater? Awesome!!

We have been doing fantastic the past 2 weeks. Only ate out twice for date nights - but no lunches out at all. I bought the boys one short outfit each for $12 (they insisted on getting the exact same one :)) even though they don't really need it. I have been collecting second hand clothes since they were born and I am covered until they are about 10 or 12 depending on how much they grow. I just wanted them to have one outfit new each. DS1 needs lighter/summer pajamas bc he refuses to wear second hand pjs...haha.

We need a new kitchen floor and have been putting it off bc we are not sure if we can do it ourselves or not. DH isn't handy and I've never done anything like it before. So I approached our super handy neighbour and asked if we could hire him to get us started, give us direction, etc. He said - no way - he'd only do it for free. So we feel confident doing it with an expert on hand. That should save us a lot of money.

Dee