2013 will be the year I do this...

iVillage Member
2013 will be the year I do this...
Wed, 12-26-2012 - 8:17pm

My credit card balance is down to under $1300 and will hopefully be taken care of by the middle of January.  Then I'd like to tackle auto loan that is looming over my head.  Tomorrow at work I will be getting a check for retro pay that should be fairly hefty, it's for the past 6 months.  And I have a refund coming from a prescription co-pay in the amount of $122.50 which will go straight to the destroying the credit card balance.  Those 2 things ought to knock out the balance completely which could happen before New Years.  We'll see though. 

I've been on this board in the past, but it's been a long time and I really need to get back on here so that I can continue to be motivated to make more progress and just to keep me on track.  I've paid off the debt before and I know I can do it again, I just need to buckle down.  I did make it through the entire holiday staying on budget and not charging a single thing on the credit card, so that was a huge achievement for me.  In the past I've always wanted to buy things to please others with little thought to whether I could afford them or not.  This year, I left the credit card at home so that I wasn't tempted and I never once felt deprived.  It's gret to know that I can do this and it feels fantastic to know that here on 12/26, I don't owe anything for the gifts I gave yesterday.  :) 

I'm looking forward to spending more time on the board and hoping to learn some new things.  Happy New Year to all! 

~leanne

deciding to be happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect, but that you had decided to look beyond the imp

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-29-2012 - 1:19am
Welcome back! Sounds like you have a plan and are motivated - so well on your way :) Dee
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-27-2012 - 3:06pm

Welcome back!   It will be good to see that debt gone by the first of the year or shortly after.  You sound very positive and we'd love to have more input on the board.  Hurry back!

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-27-2012 - 12:14pm

Welcome back, this is a great place to stay on track. 

I like your plan. Deciding what to spend to make yourself happier is going to pay off, believe me. The credit card debt will be gone and won't come back.

Look out student loan too right? You can do this!

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-27-2012 - 10:50am

Welcome back, glad you have a plan of attack & are tackling your credit card!  I think having a plan in place is half the battle, I know we can slip up from time to time & it may take a bit longer to achieve our goals than planned but moving in the right direction COUNTS!!

cindylee

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-27-2012 - 9:43am

welcome back! sounds like you know exactly what you're doing and have a great plan in place. Congrats to you for not overspending during the holidays.

Come back and post often!