34.45 weeks and counting....Do I need a reason to SMILE :)

iVillage Member
34.45 weeks and counting....Do I need a reason to SMILE :)
Tue, 06-25-2013 - 2:28pm

NO! This says it all.  After a short vacation with hubby in Charleston, SC while he worked a little open house, I got some well deserved time away from my routine, so great food and exercise. 

I called the gentlemen about the job in my home town.  They are in the process of hiring two people.  The first will train in sales also and travel.  Not for me!  The second which comes in about six months, is the office person aka me.  He is very interested in contacting me at the end of the year for this position.  In the meantime, I'll ride this job out as bleak as it looks.  They are not doing well at all.  I just don't know how long they can hold on.  If I get laid off, I'll draw unemployment and apply for a lower payment with the court.  We only need $269 a week to pay the car, truck and trustee fee in full.  The remainder in unsecured debts.  They can consider it icing on the cake if they get anything else since they got hubby's bonus money a couple of months ago.  

I am eager to this phase of our life behind us.  Four years and four months has passed quickly in the Chapter 13 world.  We have learned a lot, suffered a lot but managed.  I never want to have to do this again.  I want to be the master of my money, not visa versa.

Smiling....for the next 34.45 weeks. (February 24, 2014)

iVillage Member

with those monster payments behind you, any pay you receive will be icing on the cake! keep up the good work.

glad you were able to have a nice vacation :)

Dee

Community Leader

Woo Hoo!  So glad you got a break from the routine.  February will be here before you know it!

Serenity

Serenity
Community Leader

Good job Norma.  Not easy but you have done amazingly well. 

Carolyn 

iVillage Member

Go Norma, Go Norma!

You so deserve this next phase. I am anxiously awaiting February! I hope the new job works out or the old one hangs on a little longer.

Glad you had a little get away with DH. I bet that was just what you needed!

Community Leader

Congrats as you are another step closer to the end Norma!  And I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and the new job, it would be wonderful for you!!

Photobucket