April 2013 Goals

iVillage Member
April 2013 Goals
Tue, 04-02-2013 - 11:02am

How did you do with accomplishing your goals in March? Please share with us!

Let's set some goals for April, financial or otherwise, so we can encourage each other, goooooooooooooooo TEAM!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-02-2013 - 11:12am

alrighty, let's see.....

My March Goals were:

* Finish up the home improvement fund - $1900 This is complete!

* Start researching and getting estimates for a new roof. Turns out, we do not need a new roof, phew! Our problem is ice dams, so this will require some expenses, but nothing close to what a roof would cost.

* Pay my taxes, yikes! This was painful, but it is done. $2500

* continue my weight loss journey. Lose 4-5 pounds in March.  I lost 4.4 pounds in March. wootwoo!

My April Goals are:

* Start carefully spending the home improvement savings. I have been shopping for some living room wall decor for 3 years, haha, and have finally found what I was looking for. So far, $35. if this is what it appears to be, more spending to follow. I would also like to get some estimates for some yard improvements, patio, shrubs, etc

* continue my weight loss journey - I'd like to kick another 4-5 pounds to the curb.

* I have some CC debt from work, and some misc expenses that need to be paid off. I should be able to get this reduced in April.

* Weekend away, have some fun and keep costs to a minimum.

Good luck everyone!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-03-2013 - 9:52am

Ok lets see how march went:

March:

1. Put extra on roof loan. I will try, last month was so tough. I'm allowing myself to do a half the amount I wanted but will still try for the full amount. I don't want huge guilt here.

This was accomplished!

2. Keep savings/sinking funds where they are. If there are no major purchases or things that go wrong we should be ok.

This was accomplished and we added a wee bit!

3. Find a babysitter for when I go back to work! I am having a huge problem with this!

This was also accomplished. A huge relief if it all works out in July when I need it. 

4. Continue with frugal groceries and cooking from scratch.

I did make some bread and have been cooking a lot. I will try to do better with the bread next month.

April 2013

1. Complete taxes. I hope we get a refund but I really have no idea. I hope we don't have to pay!

2. Put extra on the roof loan.

I think this is enough for April!

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-03-2013 - 9:57am

I wasn't around for the March goal challenge so I will begin now for some accountability. During this month I plan to write out a complete list of all debt so that I can keep track of exactly where I am financially. I Intend to draft a realistic plan to pay that debt completely within 5 years. I will contact all three credit bureaus to see exactly what's on my credit reports and dispute any information outdated or untrue. During the month ahead, I will finish painting the living and dining room walls and trim (only have weekends for these kinds of projects). I will look into the possibility of a part-time job or business to bring in an extra $100/week for the debt repayment plan. I will clear out the closets of clutter to either toss, sell or donate. These simple steps/goals may not sound like much but my time is limited with a full-time job and a number of obligations that tends to eat away at my spare time. Wish me luck! I will be cheering for you guys and will check in next month with my progress.. and to hear yours!

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-03-2013 - 11:25am
Mine are pretty simple: 1) No eating out in April 2) Work out 5 days a week (once I am back to feeling better, still a bit sick). I want to lose the 5 lbs i "found' 3) Cancel my gym membership completely (on hold now = $10 a month savings) 4) Cancel magazine subscriptions (= $5 a month savings) 5) See if I can reduce my cable/ internet costs. 6) Pay off another $500 in debt.

Bex -

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-03-2013 - 4:02pm

Three times to log in.....URRRRRRR...

March goals:  I saved and I spent.  Car and truck both needed maintenance & brakes & two tires for the car.  I still need to get two tires for the truck.  Always something isn't it!  

I did manage to loose two more pounds after being sick for almost the entire month of March.  I was on a very bland and starchy diet which is not exactly good for weight reduction, but hey, I'll take it!  18 lbs. gone, 8 lbs. to go to reach 25 BMI.  Not bad.  Hubby has lost 52 lbs.  I am SOOOOO very proud of him!  He's still at 218 but looks terrific with his large chest structure.  I'm sure his doctor will be proud too!

Life is GOOD....Oh.....46 weeks to go!!!!!!