February 2012 Goals

iVillage Member
February 2012 Goals
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 1:03pm

Hello fellow board members! I bumped up the January 2012 Goals,,,,,how'd you do? There are still a few days in the month to accomplish your goals.

and set some new ones too.....share with us, so we can cheer you on & offer encouragement.

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 1:32pm

Lets see how January went....

Jan 2012:

1. Beef up store efund this month in case all goes crazy in the spring with needing new a/c. Hopefully it can be fixed but it sure was not working right this fall.

Yes it is beefed up now. I am hoping the old unit can be repaired but I fear it cannot. I hope what I have saved is enough to purchase a new unit but have not had the heart to investigate it or price it out.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 1:42pm

JANUARY GOALS:

1. Get all tax return paperwork in order and all deductions/receipts tallied for accountant.

This is on our list for this weekend, at least to have all of the deductions/receipts collected and tallied; we are still awaiting a good number of W2s, so the rest is contingent on that.

2. Continue the declutter effort - finish sorting through DH's office and store appropriate necessities in basement, begin sorting through and clearing out of tool/workbench area of basement (quite possibly "building" temporary office space there, until we can bankroll contstruction of more appropriate space in the garage).

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 1:55pm

Let's forget January....

February

Norma

"Patience is the best remedy for every trouble"- Plautus

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 2:15pm

My list looked kind of like Steph's so that is why I am replying to her!

I didn't post in January, or could not find it, but I knew I was facing a pile of bills:

#Marie
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 3:43pm

My January Goals were:

* Fund my Roth for 2012. I am going to aim for the full $5K. I have vacation time to cash in, so that will go towards this. I completed this goal, with the help of cashing in three weeks vacation.

* if I am lucky enough to get the above goal complete early, I will put the rest of my savings into my home improvements fund. the final goal is $6K. I am at $2900 right now. I was able to contribute an add'l $800, for a total of $3700

* shop for a sofa, if we find one, it will come out of the home improvement fund. Hope we can find one that works! Found one! and paid cash for it. so happy to have this done, we have been looking for 2 years.

My February Goals:

* Complete my home improvement fund, I have $1600 left. Goal was $6000 - minus the $700 for the sofa, get it to $5300.

* next goal is to target my mortgage. I am beyong excited about this.

* enjoy those moments, I am hoping to take 2 days off from work this month.

good luck everyone!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 4:13pm

First let me say that I love reading this thread every month.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 5:35pm

1) Keep current bills caught up.

JenAaron.jpg picture by jen2075

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-28-2012 - 8:18am

Gee whiz, everybody did so well on their goals that I'm embarrassed to have to report that I didn't accomplish much!

January goals:

Kate

empty purse

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-28-2012 - 11:14am
Kate, I feel for you so much on the car thing. I learned to drive in high school, but for various reasons, mostly associated with anxiety, I didn't drive for the next 30 years. I then had LASIK surgery, which took the 'vision' part of the driving out of the equation. I live in the city, can walk most places, and use mass transit and taxis. However, where my mother lived, and at the beach, car is the only way to go. Eight years ago I really tackled the driving fear, took lessons again, and I am now able to drive. I had access to my mom's car before she died - in fact, it was in anticipation of her not being able to drive that I knew I had to conquer this fear. I inherited her car last year, but I do not garage it in the city. There are times when I wish it were easily available to me, but the cost for insurance and parking are ridiculous. We have car sharing services here, through zip car. It would be cheaper to rent a car one weekend a month than to keep a car in the city. I do neither, and some of it is tied up in fear of driving a car not mine,, and some with driving in the city. I wonder if you cannot afford a car, could you afford to rent one once a month? Do you have fear around that because you are not an experienced driver? Or would treating yourself to a taxi more often fit in the budget when a car doesn't? And, I know your xH helps you out with rides but frankly, that always seems to cost you money...do you have a friend with a car, or with a child with a car, who you could pay to take you shopping, or pick you up when you have lots to carry? Last year, when my mom needed a lot of attention, my younger half brother (different mothers) was having some financial difficulties, and I arranged with him to be my transportation so I could avoid having to be on a train, being met, etc. (he would have done this for free...I wanted to help him financially and yet not to just give him money...it was a win-win). I think there are probably people with cars who would like to earn a little extra. It would be cheaper than taxis, but not a favor. I actually find the fact that I own a car after all these years of not having one to be very stressful. It requires attention that I never think about.. Fortunately, my older brother looks out for me in this, but it is still kind of a pain... Best wishes SJ
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-29-2012 - 12:52pm

Alrighty... January...

January 2012 Goals
1) Start making more than just the minimum monthly payments on the CCs each month.

Pages