February 2013 Goals

iVillage Member
February 2013 Goals
Tue, 01-29-2013 - 11:59am

hello all! This is a thread for everyone to participate in. Please share your goals with us, no matter how big or small, so we can cheer you on & offer support & encouragement!

How did January go for you? Did you set goals? Were there some surprises? Or pretty much what you expected?

What do you plan to accomplish during the month of February?

Good luck everyone!

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 8:11pm

Jen -

I have done a lot of resume reviews as a college prof and hiring manager.  Send it my way at marketingvirgo at yahoo dot com.  NO charge.

#Marie
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 10:52pm

Hello!

January went well, however I feel deprived of social life... with full-time school and full-time work (going part-time this coming week), I have not seen any of my close friends since before the Holidays.. In saying that here are some of my wins for the month of January:

Paid off my car! My last monthly payment of $530.14 came out yesterday! Man it's been 5 lonnng years, never  buying a new car again, even if I win the lottery.

Paid off this semester's tuition and books from my chequing account :) roughly around $3000.00 I had to "cash in" my accrued vacation days at work to do this, but I am glad I did not put it on my LOC.

Once again, I failed miserably on the food budget, but we only went out once for dinner this month which is a huge accomplishment... how I spent $480 for two people AGAIN is beyond me for groceries. Mind you I did go to Costco at the beginning of the month and stocked our freezer full of veggies and meats, we can't fit anything in it Smile.

Got approved for my student line of credit which carries a 4.5% rate, so I will be transferring my balance from my more expensive debts to that....

My February Goals:

$300 max on groceries (wish me luck!)

$1500 towards my debt repayment

Start putting money into my emergency fund, it's at $2820 right now. Have not made any contributions so far this year...

Resume putting $$$ into my RRSP's (stopped it at the end of December in order not to go into further debt for tuition and books)

$100 max on "entertainment" etc... for the month (this has to be tight going to part-time work)

Good luck everyone! Smile

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 10:53pm
*** Slight correction emergency fund is at $1820 right now, wishful thinking I suppose that is why I got ahead of myself :)***
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-01-2013 - 2:37am

Hello everyone! Brand new here (although I think I had an account years and years ago, lol)

Anyways, my February goals are pretty simple:

Throw $150 extra towards one of my debts

Keep grocery spending to $250 or less for the month

Good luck everyone!

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-01-2013 - 3:06pm

Duplicate post deleted.

#Marie
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-08-2013 - 9:11am

Great goals everyone! So for those who don't know (I'm still relatively new to the boards) I'm an AmeriCorps member. I'm serving my country for a year which means I only receive a living stipend to scrape by. My take home is $800/mo which makes paying off debt pretty tough but I know these sacrifices will pay off. By serving in AC (which if you don't know, is the domestic branch of the Peace Corps.) my student loans get forebearance so that's no big deal. I don't have to pay those. So my goals for this month are:

*Pay my mom back for the $900 I owe her for fronting me the money to get a clunker to replace my dead Lumina. - The plan for this is to withdraw my $1425 Cert of Deposit on the 18th. I know this is sucky, but it's necessary. *Snowflake my tax refund to my CitiCard. I have no clue what I'm going to get. AmeriCorps withholds a lot of Federal, so I'm hoping to get that back. I'm keeping it simple this month because I really hemorrhaged money last month with a $138 dental bill and $180 towards car insurance. (I pay quarterly.)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/w7dZSLQ/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w7dZSLQ/debt.png[/img]
[/url]

Pages